Marketing Associate (2019-2020 Season) with Chicago Bulls in Chicago, IL
Chicago Bulls jobs
Sports Jobs in Chicago, IL
The Chicago Bulls is seeking a dedicated and creative Marketing Associate to join our Marketing team for the upcoming 2019-2020 season. As the Marketing Associate, you will primarily be responsible for executing marketing initiatives. This will include responsibilities such as scheduling and recapping production meetings, requesting and implementing creative promotional elements, and more! In addition, you will provide daily backing to the Marketing department and collaborate with dynamic teams across the organization. This position will start in June 2019 and will continue through the end of the season.
The Marketing team focuses primarily on larger organization-wide initiatives including the marketing campaign, integration of our brand purpose, grassroots efforts, sponsorships, league initiatives and advertising. You will be given the opportunity to have hands-on experience in a variety of team marketing initiatives. More specifically, you are responsible for the following:
- Diligently complete projects by deadlines.
- Own the development of broadcast drops and requests. Develops content calendar and fulfill drop requests for department.
- Manage creation and distribution of in-arena digital signage.
- Organize and manage placement of in-game PAs.
- Manage internal department calendars and status documents.
- Order and maintain department inventory of event giveaways, signage, collateral and fulfillment of all contest prizing.
- Develop and build deck materials and aid in research projects.
- Assist with coordination and activation of events including retail events, watch parties and fan fests.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration (in Marketing or Business is preferred).
- A real passion for Marketing.
- Previous internship experience, although not required, is strongly preferred.
- Meticulous attention to detail, including excellent copy editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong ability to prioritize, adapt as necessary, and update, track and handle workflow, with consistent demonstrated ability to get the job done well while meeting goals and deadlines.
- Ability to work quickly in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
- Ability to follow project work plans and a budget.
- Social skills that reflect exclusive examples of professionalism, preparation, collaboration, service and creativity.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal).
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent teammate, with positive energy, who has a desire to learn.
- Have reliable means of transportation.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have previous experience working in an advertising, marketing or a project management role? [Yes/No]
Do you have strong written skills and attention to detail? [Yes/No]
Have you had hands on experience working on events? [Yes/No]
Are you located in the Chicagoland area? [Yes/No]
Are you an organized and extremely detail-oriented person? [Yes/No]
Have you ever managed a budget? [Yes/No]
Are you available to work nights and weekends? [Yes/No]
The pay for this role is $13.00/hr. Are you comfortable with this wage? [Yes/No]
Do you have reliable transportation? [Yes/No]
Are you comfortable lifting boxes and event materials? [Yes/No]