Manager of Digital Content with Chicago Bulls in Chicago, IL
Chicago Bulls jobs
Sports Jobs in Chicago, IL
The Chicago Bulls have a growing Digital Content team that is focused on driving business impact by ensuring that the Bulls stay relevant in a rapidly evolving fan landscape, and by establishing the team as a trailblazer in the digital space. In addition to being one of the sports teams with the largest worldwide followings, our team has established itself as one of the most innovative and respected digital practices in sports, and we are looking for someone who wants to continue to help us push boundaries and grow our digital practice.
We are seeking a self-starter who is creative, organized and dedicated to fill the role of a Manager of Digital Content. In this role, you will be a part of a team of five core Content team members with one direct report, as well as lead the Chicago Bulls day-to-day digital content efforts. You will oversee a wide variety of content, including basketball and team coverage and the Bulls’ own marketing content.
As a Manager, this person will be expected to have a strong creative eye, but balance that well with an understanding of content strategy & the importance of brand voice and platform proven practices. While working in a fast-paced environment, it will be important to stay current on digital platforms as they often change. You should have a sense of what makes for good content on an earned platform vs an owned platform, and how best to optimize content for each of these. You should be a passionate basketball fan who is able to create content that energizes and excites our global fanbase, but be as equally comfortable sitting in strategy meetings that focus on development.
As a Manager, you will have the opportunity to work closely with internal teams (including our BullsTV, Creative Services, Corporate Partnerships, Game Entertainment and Marketing teams) to help plan, produce, manage and publish content that ultimately is published across the Bulls digital platforms. You’ll need to think through how to go about creating thumb-stopping content during the course of an NBA season, but also strategize, plan and execute content that helps our team and brand tell stories in a way that feels native to digital platforms and relevant to our fanbase.
This role will heavily work with the Bulls ‘Content Studio’ approach to ensure that content is being planned and created collaboratively, efficiently and effectively. A big part of this role will be growing and evolving with the existing team members to improve our digital output (through process, technology & creative improvements). More specifically, you will be responsible for the following:
- Understand the digital & social media space and how to most effectively use the available channels to achieve organizational goals
- Manage the ‘basketball focused’ side of the Content team towards helping to achieve these organizational objectives every day
- Guarantee that content is being published each day that engages fans, is true to the brand and continues to establish the team as a trailblazer in the digital space
- Coordinate multiple campaigns for numerous different internal & external partners to ensure we are delivering high-quality content in an accurate and efficient manner
- Use analytical tools to understand the Bulls following, desires and what content fans want to see
- Own the team’s recapping efforts on content initiatives, telling the story of different campaigns and presenting reports together to evaluate the level of success for each campaign.
- Ensure that we’re using technology smartly to help improve the quality, quantity & shelf-life of our digital content
- Oversee content-focused projects involving input from a variety of different departments
You will need to have the ability to work with and share projects with people sitting in multiple departments and rally various teams around the same goal.
We are looking to place a highly organized self-starter who can work well across departments to fill this role.
- Bachelor's degree required in communications, marketing or related concentration
- Some experience (professional or academic) in sports (either directly or through a sports agency/ or sports partnership)
- At least 5 years of full-time professional experience
- At least 3 years of experience working with digital content
- At least 1 year of managerial experience
- Strong understanding of social media best practices & platforms
- Has a strong understanding of digital content on owned platforms (web & app) and how owned & earned can work together to help achieve organizational objectives
- Knowledge of HTML basics
- Proven ability to build strong connections both internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility to work within a rapidly changing environment
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Highly organized and strong time management abilities
- Strong communication (both written and verbal)
- Works effectively and quickly in a dynamic environment
- Initiative and dedication to challenge self and continually strive for improvement
Note that this role requires flexible work hours and will include work outside of normal office hours during the business week and on weekends.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have experience managing projects involving multiple groups of people? [Yes/No]
Have you worked with Adobe Creative Cloud to create content? [Yes/No]
Do you have experience creating content in the sports space? [Yes/No]
Have you planned and executed a social-media focused campaign in the past? [Yes/No]
Do you have 5 or more years of full-time professional experience? [Yes/No]