BSE Global (“BSE”) is a multifaceted sports and entertainment business that brings people together to experience music, sports, and culture through our teams and venue. Through these experiences and in our workplace, we strive to elevate our business, grow our fan base, and cultivate a community anchored in belonging and inclusion in every aspect, on and off the court.
The Senior Director, Executive & VIP Hospitality is responsible for overseeing the Executive and VIP Hospitality Team. This position will lead the hospitality personnel in providing unparalleled customer service for hospitality functions associated with VIP access and planning.
This position reports directly to the Executive Vice President of Operations & General Manager, Barclays Center. The Senior Director will supervise full-time and part-time hospitality personnel, including the Manager of Event Hospitality, Coordinator of Event Hospitality and 10-18 part-time Hospitality Representatives.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop and execute long-term, annual and short-term hospitality strategies regarding new opportunities and experiences for senior leadership, ownership and VIP guests.
- Lead all aspects of VIP hospitality for ownership and their guests, celebrities, and business VIPs, including ticketing, food/beverage, escorting, suite access, transportation, and merchandise.
- Assist with coordination and execution of VIP events, experiences and activities curated by BSE Global.
- Manages VIP access assets such as credentials, tickets, wristbands, etc; ensures proper distribution and accountability of access assets.
- Works closely with the Celebrity Relations Manager to ensure needs are met for target celebrities and influencers for BSE events.
- Liaise with Entertainment, Event Operations, Marketing and the Food & Beverage partners to elevate hospitality interactions: understand and identify booking windows; develop customized menus based on client needs and budget; understand capabilities of hospitality spaces, including AV and furniture options.
- Maintains hospitality contact information in database software.
- Monitors hospitality trends and customer preferences across various industries to ensure best in class service delivery and activations.
- Manage Executive and VIP hospitality budget; monitor and track expenses through detailed reporting to Finance.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of their position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 7 or more years hospitality experience required.
- Must have intermediate working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Meticulous record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
WHO YOU ARE
- Possess the ability to gain and enhance the respect and trust of superiors, peers, subordinates, customers, and the investment community.
- Represent the company with an unquestioned level of personal and professional integrity and ethics while demonstrating an uncompromised judgment and discretion regarding interpersonal relationships.
- Maintain an impeccable professional appearance.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives.
- Possess a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
- Maintain confidentiality and use upmost discretion when privy to sensitive information.
- Proven decision-making skills, solid judgment and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Self-directed and able to work independently.
- A flexible and reliable teammate within your department, the company, and when working alongside external partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills: must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills.
- Able to identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption.
- Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made.
The qualifications listed above represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Infrequent Traveler (<5% travel): The incumbent may be required to travel on a very limited basis. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
$130,000 - $175,000 base salary
This position requires the ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however, is expected to attend all Brooklyn Nets games and other events taking place at night and on weekends and holidays.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of the Company not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, transgender status, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local laws.