In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
BSE Global (“BSE”) is a multifaceted sports and entertainment business that brings people together to experience music, sports, and culture through our teams and venue. Through these experiences and in our workplace, we strive to elevate our business, grow our fan base, and cultivate a community anchored in belonging and inclusion in every aspect, on and off the court.
The Head of Data Science will lead data science efforts related to the business of the Brooklyn Nets, New York Liberty, Long Island Nets and Barclays Center. Through standing up a new team, the role will be responsible for strategy and implementation of advanced analytical models, including predictive, prescriptive, artificial intelligence, and machine learning . The Head of Data Science will guide and oversee the best practices for data and machine learning methodologies for the company, using data to forecast and influence business decisions. This role will serve as a valued cross-functional contributor, engaging with a range of stakeholders across highly-technical and strategic topics.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead the development and implementation of the company’s data science strategy, including the use of predictive analytics to tell a story, deliver insights and drive strategic growth.
- Build and develop a best in class team of data scientists and machine learning engineers.
- Define and cultivate best practices in analytics instrumentation and experimentation.
- Develop and implement best practices for data analysis and modeling, ensuring that we are using cutting-edge techniques to derive insights from complex data sets.
- Collaborate with senior leaders and cross-functional teams in problem framing and conception of ideas to develop consensus and execute on the machine learning use cases.
- Lead and build machine learning models through all phases of development from design, testing, data gathering, training, evaluation, validation, governance, and implementation.
- Maintain the health of machine learning systems, including speed, model accuracy, reliability, and performance.
- Champion efforts to design and implement strategic fan growth initiatives such as models for : lifetime value forecasting, subscriber lapse propensity, lead scoring, season-ticket member retention, and media mix modeling.
- Measure outcomes and translate analytical insights into recommendations that are clearly linked to the organization's strategy and goals.
- Take an active innovation role in the company by identifying new business processes that could benefit from Data Science support.
WHO YOU ARE
- Master’s degree in computer science, statistics, data science or relevant analytics field with 5+ years of data science experience
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, data science or relevant analytics field with 7+ years of data science experience.
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of people.
- Deep hands-on experience in machine learning, relational databases, and open source programming languages (Python, R) for large scale data analysis.
- Proven track record of delivering business value through analyticial models.
- Experience in developing advanced data science and machine learning infrastructure and systems.
- Strong knowledge of data science technologies and machine learning concepts and have experience developing models from research, to a proof of concept, to a production pipeline.
- Deep understanding of working in cloud environments, preferably Amazon Web Services.
- Excellent communicatior with prior experience managing multiple stakeholder groups.
- Passion for continuous improvement.
- A cultural leader who can infuse data science and culture of innovation.
Travel may be required on rare occasions (< 5% travel); may require air travel and/or overnight stay of one or more nights.
$140,000 - $160,000
Work primarily in an office environment.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of the Company not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, transgender status, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local laws.