Trainee - Event Operations with Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena in Atlanta, GA
Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta, GA
Event Management: Event Operations/Management
Here’s your chance to experience a bold and dynamic organization first hand. The Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club will be looking for passionate team players to participate in our 2019-2020 Trainee Program. The program is designed to give top candidates real-life experience in the sports and entertainment industry, in addition to providing educational and networking opportunities. Any qualified applicant who has a college degree with a Bachelors or Masters is eligible to apply for the Atlanta Hawks Trainee Program. Trainees are expected to work at least 37.5 hours per week and may have additional game day/event responsibilities (depending on department assignments). Trainees are paid $13.50/hour and overtime if applicable. Trainees are benefit-eligible after 30 days (medical, dental, vision).
- Assist Event Operations in organizing, planning and execution of all onsite events at State Farm Arena. Events include meetings, trainings, Atlanta Hawks basketball games, VIP events and more
- Work with and assist Conversion team with set-up, breakdown and overall event conversion operations which include floor chair setup, concourse tables & activations, Atlanta Hawks Basketball scoring table & game day equipment and concourse setup needs
- Day to day involvement & assistance on concert event, game and dark day assignments with, Conversion and Event Operations ranging from pre-space event cleanliness, event outlines and notices, space setups/breakdown and more
- Work on & management of assigned special projects that aid Event Operations Department as well as Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club overall
- Attend various weekly department and company meetings
- Assist the Event and Booking departments with coordination of the arena booking scheduling software
- Maintain open communication & feedback with supervisor on concerns, interests and overall goals during trainee position work experience
- The 2019-2020 NBA Season from September - May
- Open to any qualified applicant who can meet the time commitment and is at least a junior in college, graduate student or recent college graduate
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays
- Strong Microsoft Office, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint knowledge with some AutoCAD knowledge preferred.
- Positive written & verbal communication
- Team player with leadership skills and an all-in mentality
- Knowledge / Interest in sports and event facility management
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment and adapt to changes while working in a multi-client environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Were you referred by a Hawk's employee? If so, who?
1. Do you have current / building management experience?
2. Do you have experience in fast paced work environments?
3. Are you able to fully embrace a flexible schedule that includes night, weekends, holidays and engagement in experiencing multiple roles within the departments?
4. What is your overall goal as the Building & Event Operations trainee?
5. Do you have AutoCAD experience?
6. What are your hourly wage requirements?