Trainee - Arena Programming with Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena in Atlanta, GA
Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta, GA
Event Management: Event Promotions
Here’s your chance to experience a bold and dynamic organization first hand. The Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club will be looking for passionate team players to participate in our 2019-2020 Trainee Program. The program is designed to give top candidates real-life experience in the sports and entertainment industry, in addition to providing educational and networking opportunities. Any qualified applicant who has a college degree with a Bachelors or Masters is eligible to apply for the Atlanta Hawks Trainee Program. Trainees are expected to work at least 37.5 hours per week and may have additional game day/event responsibilities (depending on department assignments). Trainees are paid $13.50/hour and overtime if applicable. Trainees are benefit-eligible after 30 days (medical, dental, vision).
- Assist the State Farm Arena Booking team with all departmental duties including administrative tasks, research, agreements, settlements and presentations as needed
- Update/Edit internal and external calendars by adding all pre-sale, on sale, and show information as needed
- Provide availability calendars for both internal and external booking inquiries
- Maintain State Farm Arena EventBooking system by creating new employee logins and ensuring events, times, dates and notes are all current and accurate
- Update ticket distribution log and process of distribution for internal and external clients
- Maintain spreadsheet tracking other venue events around the Atlanta area
- Create, organize and maintain event files
- Communicate day-to-day building activities to team members via weekly Activity Schedule
- Maintain and distribute Monthly Calendars to team members
- Compile information and create event notes for biweekly event meetings
- Collect and circulate arena trade magazines to team
- Collect and document arena show merchandise
- Maintain event statistics spreadsheets and report event numbers to trades
- Gather and organize major arena surveys
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Communication, Business or relevant field required
- Previous internships in entertainment industry preferred
- Good organizational communication and time management skills required
- Experience with spreadsheets and analytical data a plus
- Be a team player and provide support to the department as various needs arise
- Ability to manage multiple events, create relationships and meet deadlines required
- Must be a proactive, self-starter with proven initiative in past experiences
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Access, Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point)
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include occasional nights, holidays, and weekends
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Were you referred by a Hawk's employee? If so, who?