Social Media Assistant with Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena in Atlanta, GA
Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta, GA
Marketing: Social Media
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we’re looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you’d be shocked if guests weren’t positively impacted by their interactions with you.
We’ve got a pretty sweet brand, and we want someone to help make that brand as awesome online as it is in real life. We like to push the envelope, we like to turn heads, we like to be different, and we like to start conversation. That said, we’re looking for someone with a finger on the pulse of both sports and pop culture, a good sense of how social platforms operate, a natural ability to relate to fans, and someone who can’t help but create awesome content. Can you look at a moment and know it was made for Instagram? Do you spit fire on Twitter like it’s a second language? Do you do it for the culture? Do you love sports? Then you may be the perfect fit for this job.
This position will be part-time hourly and work roughly 20 hours per week, with the potential for more some weeks. The schedule will vary week-to-week, and it can and will include nights and weekends.
- Coordinate & execute posting (with direction from Digital Content Manager) for all Hawks and State Farm Arena social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Reddit, YouTube, Google+, LinkedIn, Weibo, whatever the next big thing the kids will be into by the time this position is filled)
- Assist Social Media Manager with Hawks.com and StateFarmArena.com duties as necessary
- Work with various departments to support organizational campaigns on social media
- Ideate and create content both in-game and for Corporate Partners that fits our brand’s voice.
- Respond to fans in a timely manner when appropriate (answer questions, engage/create two-way conversation, etc.)
- Forward social complaints, questions and leads to the appropriate team member in a timely manner
- Work with Corporate Partnership team to incorporate necessary partnerships into social posting schedule
- Attend Hawks Community Events to gather content as needed
- Attend State Farm Arena events (games, concerts, shows) and assist with live coverage for social platforms
- Stay current with best practices, strategies, industry standards and regulations related to social media
- Stay current with social media trends and topics (what’s “lit” today?)
- Adhere to all internal social media guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communication, Journalism or related field
- Strong writing, grammar and communication skills (i.e. not how most of your friends talk on social media) with good attention to details
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects (and no, we’re not just talking about tweeting while watching The Bachelor)
- Innovative and creative thinker who can come at problems from many different angles.
- Problem solver who can think quickly on their feet and deliver quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience coordinating and posting to social media on behalf of a brand is preferred
- Experience with consumer reaction, response and engagement on social platforms preferred
- Experience using Adobe CS (Photoshop, Premier, After Effects, Illustrator) preferred but not required.
- Experience shooting and editing photos and video preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of basketball and pop culture preferred but not required (we can teach you what defensive three seconds and Jingle Ball are)
- Proficiency with Adobe CC products preferred
- Experience with content management systems a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Did a Hawks employee refer you? If so, who?