Senior Coordinator, Social Media with Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena in Atlanta · GA
Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta · GA
Marketing: Social Media
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we’re looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you’d be shocked if guests weren’t positively impacted by their interactions with you.
- Coordinate & execute postings (with direction from Social Media Manager) for all Hawks and State Farm Arena social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Tik Tok, YouTube, Google+, LinkedIn, Weibo, etc.)
- Work with various departments to support organizational campaigns on social media.
- Respond to fans in a timely manner when appropriate (answer questions, engage/create two-way conversation)
- Forward social complaints, questions and leads to the appropriate team members in a timely manner
- Work with Manager to incorporate necessary corporate partnerships into social posting schedule
- Stay current with social media best practices, strategies, industry standards and regulations
- Stay current with social media trends and topics
- Adhere to all internal social media guidelines
- Work with manager to help build, maintain and execute social media calendar
- Work with manager to help develop, plan, and execute tactics that increase and engage our fan base, as well as attract and adopt new fans
- Request and help coordinate assets (creative, legal, personnel, etc.) for campaigns and other social postings
- Ideate content pieces/series for both organic and sponsored posts
- Assist in the training, development and management of any part-time, seasonal, or intern-based social media staff
- Consistently upload & update editorial content on hawks.com
- Travel, as necessary, to Hawks & State Farm Arena related games, events and activations
- Participate in ongoing tagging strategies for all social and editorial content
- Additional projects, focuses, & responsibilities as they befit the organization and the changing landscape of social media.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communication, Journalism or related field
- Strong writing, grammar and communication skills (i.e. not how most of your friends talk on social media)
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects (and no, we’re not just talking about tweeting while watching Love is Blind)
- Experience coordinating and posting to social media on behalf of a brand is preferred
- Experience with consumer reaction, response and engagement on social platforms preferred
- Problem solver who can think quickly on their feet and deliver quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Innovative and creative thinker who can come at problems from many different angles.
- Knowledge of basketball and pop culture strongly preferred but not required
- Proficiency with Adobe CC (Photoshop, Premier, After Effects, Illustrator) preferred.
- Experience shooting and editing photos and video preferred.
- Experience with content management systems a plus.
- Experience with Sprout Social a plus.
- Previous work in the Sports & Entertainment, Hospitality, or related industry preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Were you referred by a Hawks employee? If so, who?
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States? (Y/N)
Will you now or in the future require work sponsorship? (Y/N)