Security Officer - Full Time - Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena (Atlanta · GA)
Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta · GA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Security
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we’re looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you’d be shocked if guests weren’t positively impacted by their interactions with you.
- Thorough knowledge of policies and procedures
- Patrol interior/exterior and check for irregularities
- Monitor and operate CCTV cameras as well as other security and fire systems
- Lock/unlock areas as requested
- Respond to incidents and complete reports as necessary
- Control shipping and receiving of packages
- Creating a safe and comfortable working environment for employees and visitors
- Conducting searches of personnel, bags and packages
- Monitor and control employee and visitor access into the building
- Attend Department in-service training as needed
- Maintain all security equipment through proper upkeep and maintenance
- Perform any other duties as assigned by their supervisor and not otherwise prohibited by law or Company policy
- High school diploma/GED
- Two years security experience
- Clear criminal record check
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, professional image and integrity
- Be able to sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
- Computer skills
- Valid GA Driver’s License
- Must be able to work any shift including nights, weekends and holidays; and/or extended hours
- Must be physically able to demonstrate proficiency with all security equipment, as well as obtain and keep current First Aid Certification and pass written tests related to security policies and procedures on an annual basis
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Do you have a valid Driver's License? (Y/N)
Have you ever worked in a related position at an event venue? (Y/N)
Required: What is your annual salary requirement?
Were you referred by a Hawks employee? If so, who?
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States? (Y/N)
Will you now or in the future require work sponsorship? (Y/N)