In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Who are we:
A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we’re looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast-paced world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you:
An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment, and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging, and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you’d be shocked if guests weren’t positively impacted by their interactions with you.
To our core, we are inclusive, authentic, innovative & collaborative. We pride ourselves on always putting our people first and are humbled to be awarded not only an AJC 2021 top place to work but also a 2021 top place to work in the USA! We embrace working hard and celebrating hard, we go the extra mile for our teammates and love making sure our guests have memorable experiences every time they step foot in our arena.
Why State Farm Arena:
Centered in the heart of downtown Atlanta’s Centennial Park District, State Farm Arena is a state-of-the-art entertainment venue surrounded by an array of world-class attractions, restaurants, parks, hotels, and lounges. Home to the ‘#1 in-game experience’ in the NBA - The Atlanta Hawks - State Farm Arena also plays host to some of the world’s hottest artists, comedy shows + family shows this side of the Mississippi. We are #TruetoAtlanta where we pride ourselves in showing all our guests exactly what southern hospitality is all about!
You’re a recent college graduate looking for your first career move. You’re looking for excitement, energy, and a competitive environment where work and fun coexist. You’re a hard worker and challenges excite you. You enjoy a face-paced environment and know there are high expectations with high rewards. You crave an atmosphere where you will grow personally and professionally, as you develop your long-term career in professional sports and are passionate about helping create lasting memories for clients and fans.
The Atlanta Hawks + State farm arena is seeking highly motivated individuals who are passionate about sales and looking for a long career in professional sports. During your time as a Membership Associate, you will be responsible for hitting daily, weekly, and monthly quotas, and top performers will be given the opportunity to advance their sports careers internally and externally. Individuals will be provided with all the tools and necessary training to ensure they’re set up for success during their tenure.
- Sell a full menu of ticket products for the Atlanta Hawks via phone and face-to-face presentations. Including, but not limited, to full and partial ticketing packages, premium tickets, group tickets, and premium hospitality packages.
- Meet or exceed weekly, monthly, and annual individual performance goals.
- Set and complete out-of-office sales appointments, as well as conduct in-arena appointments to close new business.
- Making outbound sales calls each day with the goal of generating new ticket revenue.
- Maintaining records of all sales prospecting and customer conversations with our CRM system.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as the need arises. All Atlanta Hawks home games will be worked in various capacities including, but not limited to: prospecting appointments, sales tables, and game events.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Ticket Sales Manager.
- Comfort with making outbound cold calls.
- Strong desire to start a career with a team that has ample opportunity for growth.
- Strong work ethic, competitiveness, and a positive attitude.
- Highly motivated with a passion for sales.
- Ability to learn and study sales, helping make it a career.
- Ability to work as a great teammate.
- Present themselves in a professional manner, and are able to interact with all levels of the organization.
Education and Experience:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
If this opportunity looks exciting to you, please complete the application process. Go Hawks!