Manager, Event Safety and Security - Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena (Atlanta · GA)
Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta · GA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Security
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we’re looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you’d be shocked if guests weren’t positively impacted by their interactions with you.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Security & Safety, the Manager, Event Safety & Security provides oversight and supervision of security personnel and supervisors and is responsible for implementing, maintaining, and updating security policies, programs, procedures and systems designed to protect the physical assets of State Farm Arena and the Atlanta Hawks. Also, this Manager facilitates the process of providing a safe and secure environment for all State Farm Arena, tenants, employees, vendors and contractors.
- Provide effective leadership in regard to the security planning and management for all events at State Farm Arena to include collaboration with other departments, security advances, providing security briefing and deployment sheets for each event, evaluation and coaching of staff and working with the specialist to provide appropriate reward and recognition
- Serves as Manager on Duty for Event Security for events by executing security advances, creating briefing sheets and deployment sheets
- Recruit, interview, select, and train security personnel. Ensure security personnel is an effective team supplied to best support strategic goals while maintaining the highest level of industry standards applying to safety and security
- Provide expert advice and technical expertise to department heads and upper management of security plans and emergency response plans
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities aligning with the organization’s policies and applicable laws- train, supervise, evaluate, counsel Security personnel in accordance with Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena Security Department’s policies and procedures
- Proactive enforcement of State Farm Arena policies and procedures, and ensure timely response and follow up to violations and complaints from guests, clients, and employees according to established policies and procedures
- Supports and assists with the scheduling and payroll of event security personnel
- Conduct investigation of accidents and criminal acts of personnel or property in State Farm Arena
- Collaborate with management and security officials to develop training programs, employee safety presentations, practical exercises and tabletops to ensure that our operating procedures are provided for internal and external guests
- Collaborate with 3rd party agencies/promoters to determine security needs for events and to build security advances
- Communicate and participate in security measures for high-profile government officials; working hand-in-hand with FBI and CIA, and maintain a positive relationship with all Metro enforcement agencies as well as the APD
- Represent and participate in appropriate committee activities in addition to attending weekly meetings. Assist Director and Senior Manager, Safety and Security with all Security needs directly relating to State Farm Arena
- Responsible for Emergency preparedness by maintaining a working knowledge of all emergency policies, procedures and regulations
- Review and evaluate reports prepared by security staff regarding investigations of theft, accidents and safety violations
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure delivery of quality services and resolve operational problems, and having the building ready and opened at a designated time
- Conduct departmental meetings with security personnel
- Enforce and uphold integrity of State Farm Arena property and facilities during events
- Acts as on-duty security department manager for various events to include ancillary events
- Other duties that may be assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as effective interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of human behavior, including crowd management principles and the ability to implement effective crowd control techniques as necessary
- Must be detail-oriented and organized with an ability to multi tasks and adapt to change
- Ability to provide training and directions to Security personnel within the department
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), CCTV and access control systems
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle check and previous employment check prior to employment
- Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work as an Event Security Manager on Duty during nights, weekends and holidays as necessary
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred; however, an equivalent combination of education and experience will also be given consideration
- Four years or more of event or related professional experience managing full-time and part-time staff preferably within the Sports and Entertainment Industry experience
- Extensive knowledge in ABI scheduling software and systems
- Ability to stand, sit, crouch, and bend throughout the course of daily activities
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Were you referred by a Hawks employee? If so, who?
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States? (Y/N)
Will you now or in the future require work sponsorship? (Y/N)
Do you have a valid Driver's License? (Y/N)
Have you ever worked in a related position at an event venue? (Y/N)
What is your annual salary requirement?