HVAC II - Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena (Atlanta · GA)
Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta · GA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Engineering
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we’re looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you’d be shocked if guests weren’t positively impacted by their interactions with you.
To safely and efficiently assist in the testing and check-out of new and existing equipment and systems; maintenance and repair of all mechanical systems and structures as directed; and contribute efforts and ideas which will insure their proper operation, performance and reliability. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Shall assist management with safety training, planning safety improvements, record keeping, and enforcement of OSHA guidelines and State Farm Arena., safety policy.
- Conduct safety audits to identify deficiencies and unsafe practices, which need immediate correction insuring a safe working environment.
- Works in conjunction with the HVAC Lead to help plan and implement an effective P.M. program for all HVAC components, systems and structures.
- Follows work priorities according to the status of the components, systems, structures, and actual work request forms to include all formal work order documentation.
- Ensures equipment is properly tagged and secured before maintenance or repair work is performed.
- Monitors O&M work to ensure correct procedures are being followed and provide assistance when necessary.
- Ensures correct procedures are being followed and provides assistance when necessary.
- Regularly inspects assigned equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Assists in preparing purchase orders for materials, tools, equipment, spare parts, etc.
- Helps develop techniques for work method simplification, improving working conditions, reducing costs, and staying informed on matters which improve results.
- Maintains records, schedules, charts, etc., as required by the HVAC Manger to ensure proper and timely P.M. or repair of components, systems and structures.
- Performs other duties as required or as assigned by the HVAC Manager.
- Provides requested input to help in developing plans for programs up to one (1) year.
- Must be aware of personnel requirements for the HVAC department and make recommendations for changes.
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with good industry practices and State Farm Arena safety regulations and procedures.
- Other duties that may be assigned
- Must possess a detailed working knowledge of mechanical and electrical components, systems and structures, tools, test instruments, and proper procedures related to installation and repair of equipment associated with buildings requiring steam, hot water, chilled water, air conditioning, and general facilities care and cleaning practices.
- Stays informed of the O&M requirements associated with new and existing equipment.
- Must be a self-starter and motivated
- Must complete assigned tasks and duties on schedule with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent communication and expression skills
- Must be able to accurately and neatly complete all necessary forms and paperwork i.e. work orders
- Must be an effective team player
- Must be able to travel to various locations throughout the facility and grounds
- Must be able to be on call at times when not scheduled to be at the facility
- Must be able to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Must possess working knowledge of safety equipment, systems and OSHA guidelines to provide a safe workplace for employees and a safe environment to the public
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Trade school preferred
- Minimum certification to at least a Third Class Engineer under the National Institute for the Uniform Licensing of Power Engineers (NIULPE).
- Minimum of 4 years of practical plant operation experience
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be comfortable working at elevated heights
- Inside and outside work required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Were you referred by a Hawks employee? If so, who?
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States? (Y/N)
Will you now or in the future require work sponsorship? (Y/N