Guest Experience Smile Maker with Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena in Atlanta · GA
Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta · GA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Event Guest Relations
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we’re looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you’d be shocked if guests weren’t positively impacted by their interactions with you.
As a Guest Experience Smile Maker, you will greet, direct, assist our guests and build relationships with guests and team members alike in a variety of positions: concourse host, parking host, & seating host, just to name a few. Following our service culture of S.M.I.L.E – Southern Hospitality, Make a Moment, Individuals Matter, Listen & Learn, and Empowerment, you play a critical role in the enjoyment our guests. Our arena staff is the single most important factor of overall event satisfaction.
- Greeting with a smile, direct and assist guests
- Anticipate guest needs and concerns; be proactive in recognizing ways to make a moment
- Direct guests to seating sections as well as other attractions and amenities within State Farm Arena
- Handle guest issues according to arena guidelines and code of conduct; writing incident reports in accordance to policy
- Consistently perform at an elevated level of service and use competent judgment.
- Provide guest service recovery and/or surprise and delight guests with memorable moments
- Give eye contact, smiles, and warmly greet guests. Say PLEASE and THANK YOU to guests at every interaction
- Interact with a diverse group of guests in a friendly and positive manner creating an environment of inclusion
- Give feedback based on your interactions with guests
- Take ownership of a guest’s issue and follow it until completion
- Get to know what guests love and hate, and tailor service to their needs
- Share point of view when they see something that could be improved for guests or team members
- Other duties as required to elevate levels of service
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays; must be able to report to work no later than 5:30 for weekday events
- Must be able to work 80% of scheduled events
- Comfortable making guest and teammates feel you are happy to see them, regardless of distractions
- Always professional in appearance and behavior: good hygiene and grooming
- Must be poised, articulate, and comfortable when speaking with all guests
- Team player attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Great English verbal and written communication skills; basic report writing skills necessary
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years previous customer service experience preferred
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Ability to stand 4-6 hours at a time
- Walk up and down stairs with or without accommodation
- Hourly wage starts at $15/hr.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Were you referred by a Hawks employee? If so, who?
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States? (Y/N)
Will you now or in the future require work sponsorship? (Y/N)