Event Security Officer - Part-time with Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena in Atlanta · GA
Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta · GA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Security
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we’re looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you’d be shocked if guests weren’t positively impacted by their interactions with you.
- Work outside in all elements.
- Maintain a post, which may not give you a view of the Sports game, Concert, or event.
- Attend pre-shift meeting prior to start of each shift.
- Provides excellent guest service to guest and employees by keeping a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Regulate and monitor credentials of everyone for specific access to sensitive location areas throughout venues.
- Circulates among visitors, patrons, or employees to preserve order.
- Respond quickly to potential crowd control issues, provide escorts for unruly fans when ejections are warranted.
- Screen patrons upon entrance via bag searching technique, hand wander metal detector, and ID verification scanner.
- Keep interior and exterior of the venue clear and safe, cleaning spills and removing food, trash or other obstacles, before, during and after the shift
- Communicate clearly using radios, hand signals and flashlights. Remain in constant contact throughout the shift
- Safeguard against theft and property damage
- Ensure that no weapons or harmful items enter the venue by inspecting every guest with a metal detector or pat-down search
- Ability to create effective incident/accident reports, both verbally and written when appropriate.
- Aid all positions and communicate effectively with others to enhance members experience
- Enforce House policy regarding photos/videos/recording devices
- Walk up and down stairs with or without accommodation
- Must enforce and uphold the integrity of State Farm Arena by following policies and procedures as outlined in the Safety and Security Handbook
- Regulate and control access to restricted and secure areas
- Patrols and monitors all areas of the venue and identifies safety risks/violations, and able to resolve them.
- Assist with directional and informational inquiries
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Flexible schedule and ability to work late hours, weekends, long nights, and holidays.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to lift or move up to 25 lbs. using proper lifting techniques.
- Comfortable assisting with large crowds.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written for public interaction and report writing.
- Ability to diffuse volatile situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Positive, approachable demeanor with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties often changing from one task to another of a different nature without the loss of efficiency or composure.
- Read, write and speak English fluently.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Were you referred by a Hawks employee? If so, who?
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States? (Y/N)
Will you now or in the future require work sponsorship? (Y/N)