Who are we:
A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we’re looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast-paced world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you:
An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment, and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging, and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you’d be shocked if guests weren’t positively impacted by their interactions with you.
**This position starts at $16 per hour! This is a part-time, event needs-based position**
As an Event Security Officer, you will be the front line of protecting our guests, team members, and property. You will provide excellent customer service to all while maintaining the safety, security, and order of State Farm Arena. Every person must know that safety and security is vital, and you can ensure this by following our service culture of S.M.I.L.E – Southern Hospitality, Make a Moment, Individuals Matter, Listen & Learn, and Empowerment.
- Enforce and uphold the integrity of State Farm Arena by following policies and procedures as outlined in the Safety and Security Handbook
- Regulate and monitor credentials of everyone for specific access to sensitive and/or restricted locations throughout the arena
- Provides excellent guest service to guests and employees by keeping a friendly and professional demeanor
- Respond quickly to potential crowd control issues, provide escorts for unruly fans when ejections are warranted
- Screen patrons upon entrance via bag searching technique, hand wand metal detector, and ID verification scanner, ensuring no weapons or harmful items enter the arena
- Keep interior and exterior of the venue clear and safe, cleaning spills and removing food, trash, or other obstacles, before, during, and after the shift
- Safeguard against theft and property damage
- Aid all positions and communicate effectively with others to enhance the event experience for all
- Enforce House policy regarding photos/videos/recording devices
- Patrols and monitors all areas of the venue and identifies safety risks/violations and is able to resolve them
- Assist with directional and informational inquiries
- Ability to diffuse volatile situations with tact and diplomacy
- Other duties that may be assigned
- Have a positive, approachable demeanor with excellent communication skills
- Flexible schedule and ability to work late hours, weekends, long nights, and holidays. Must have availability to work 80% of scheduled events monthly
- Comfortable assisting with large crowds
- Ability to perform a variety of duties often changing from one task to another of a different nature without the loss of efficiency or composure
- Communicate clearly to everyone verbally, using radios, hand signals, and flashlights. Remain in constant contact throughout the shift with team members and leaders
- Ability to create effective incident/accident reports, both verbally and written when appropriate.
- Must have reliable transportation
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Read, write, and speak English fluently
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 lbs. using proper lifting techniques
- Work outside in all elements. Most work is done inside the arena but outside work may be required
- Maintain a post, which may not have a view of the event, for multiple hours
- Walk up and downstairs with or without accommodation
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.