Electrician II - Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena (Atlanta · GA)
Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta · GA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Electrician
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we’re looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you’d be shocked if guests weren’t positively impacted by their interactions with you.
To safely and efficiently assist in the testing and check-out of new and existing equipment and systems; maintenance and repair of all electrical components, systems and structures as directed; and contribute efforts and ideas which will insure their proper operation, performance and reliability. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Ensures that equipment is properly tagged and secured before maintenance or repair work is performed.
- Regularly inspects assigned equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Read and interpret electrical drawings, operations manuals, control schematics, etc.
- Consulting Engineers and Contractors - As directed by the Electrical lead or Building Maintenance Manager, exchanges information regarding relevant components, systems and structures.
- Manufacturer's Representatives - As directed by the Electrical lead or Building Maintenance Manager, seeks and exchanges information regarding operation, maintenance and repair of existing or new components, systems and structures and confers on application of new developments in existing equipment available to the industry.
- Vendors - As directed by the Electrical lead or Building Maintenance Manager, secures ordering information and prices for materials, equipment, spare parts, replacement equipment, etc., and exchanges information and relevant application data.
- Provides direct support and assistance during major work projects including Electrical switchgear, bolted pressure switches motor control centers, electrical equipment and any safety settings, controls adjustments, etc.
- Minimal input to help in developing plans for programs up to one (1) year.
- Provides minimal input to help in developing annual planning for capital expenditures.
- Reviews schedules, operation reports, equipment conditions, parts and material inventories to help maximize effectiveness of department programs. Reviews available material to discover ways that improvement can be made in utilities O&M.
- Orient new employees and help train them regarding shift O&M required routines.
- Recommend special training for assigned employees when indicated by job performance and other on-shift activities in accordance with personnel policies and subject to approval of the Electrical lead or Building Maintenance Manager.
- Ensures that work is performed to the highest standards of the Electrician II role and in accordance with good industry practices and State Farm Arenas safety regulations and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required or as assigned by the Lead Electrician or Building Maintenance Manager.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Trade school preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years working in commercial electrical field
- Stays informed of the O&M requirements associated with new and existing equipment.
- Must demonstrate a detailed working knowledge of systems and structures, tools, testing instruments, and proper procedures related to the maintenance and repair of commercial building equipment and systems.
- Must be a self-starter and motivated
- Must complete assigned tasks and duties on schedule with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent communication and expression skills
- Must be able to accurately and neatly complete all necessary forms and paperwork i.e. work orders
- Must be an effective team player
- Must be able to travel to various locations throughout the facility and grounds
- Must be able to be on call at times when not scheduled to be at the facility
- Must be able to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Must possess working knowledge of safety equipment, systems and OSHA guidelines to provide a safe workplace for employees and a safe environment to the public
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be comfortable working at elevated heights
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Were you referred by a Hawks employee? If so, who?
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States? (Y/N)
Will you now or in the future require work sponsorship? (Y/N)