Electrician I with Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena in Atlanta · GA
Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta · GA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Electrician
Who are we:
At the Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena, our team is changing the game when it comes to creating a memorable fan experience. As an organization, we rock a bold attitude that focuses on teamwork, authenticity, & innovation. The fans are our passion, and their positive experiences are what propel us to create a world class sports & live entertainment environment. We recognize that to create a great experience for our fans, it starts with creating a great culture for our employees. We work hard and run fast, yet we take the time to appreciate the details in the work we do and celebrate our successes. At the end of the day, we are a sports & live entertainment group that strives to do things a little differently and do them well. It also doesn’t hurt that we hold the keys to a brand-new world-class arena (State Farm Arena), an amazing brand, an exciting basketball organization and a wide variety of live events.
Who are you:
You have a passion for people and ensuring they have a world-class employee experience is your mission. You display good common sense, judgment – knowing when issues need to be raised. You effectively prioritize and thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness. You are highly organized, have an exceptional attention to detail, and enjoy being customer focused, this is the opportunity for you.
THE ROLE: To safely and efficiently assist in the testing and check-out of new and existing equipment and systems; maintenance and repair of all electrical components, systems and structures as directed; and contribute efforts and ideas which will insure their proper operation, performance and reliability. This includes low voltage requirement within the facilities. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Works in conjunction with the Maintenance Manager to help implement an effective P.M. program for all electrical components and systems.
- Employee will maintain proper dress attire as instructed by their supervisor including but not limited to uniforms and proper shoes.
- Follows work priorities according to the status of the components, systems, structures, and actual work request forms via work order system.
- Ensures that equipment is properly tagged and secured before maintenance or repair work is performed.
- Ensures correct procedures are being followed and provide assistance when necessary to all section of the maintenance department.
- Completes work orders in a timely manner as directed by Electrical lead and/or Manager.
- Regularly inspects, maintains and cleans assigned equipment and work space to ensure proper operation.
- Stays informed of the O&M requirements associated with new and existing equipment.
- Performs other duties as required or as assigned by the Lead Electrician.
- Should be able to learn to read and understand mechanical, electrical, electronic, civil and architectural drawings, operations manuals, control schematics, etc.
- Consulting Engineers and Contractors - As directed by the Maintenance Manager, exchanges information regarding relevant components, systems and structures.
- Low voltage experience is a plus and will be required for this role at times.
- Must be able to operate boom lifts, scissor lifts, etc. that can exceed 40ft in height(s).
Must have working knowledge of safety equipment, systems and OSHA Guidelines to provide a safe workplace for employees and safe environment to the public.
- High School diploma or equivalent and one (1) year of trade school.
- Should always consider ways to improve, both efficiently and effectively, work related issues. Use the "one step ahead" approach in anticipating what will be necessary to complete all assigned tasks.
- Good communication and expression skills are a must in working effectively with all individuals both inside and outside the company.
- Must be an effective team player and keep in mind the immediate and long-term goals of the department.
- Must be willing to perform under changing conditions to provide quality customer service
- Coordinates work schedules as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
- Must travel to various locations throughout the facility and grounds. Some travel away from the facility and grounds may be required.
- Conditions encountered include extremes in temperature, dust, and noise levels which may require special protective devices and/or clothing. Must understand proper use and maintenance of personal protective equipment in all environments.
- Climbing and movement in hazardous areas may be required. Employee will be required to carry, at all times while on duty, a tool pouch with assigned tools.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Were you referred by a Hawks employee? If so, who?
Have you ever worked as an apprentice electrician or higher on a commercial level?
Do you have any low voltage, CAT5/CAT6, phone line, etc., experience?
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States? (Y/N)
Will you now or in the future require work sponsorship? (Y/N)