Manager, Accounts Receivable/Payables with Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena in Atlanta · GA
Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Atlanta · GA
Accounting and Finance: Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we’re looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you’d be shocked if guests weren’t positively impacted by their interactions with you.
We are looking for an experienced Accounts Payable/Receivable Manager to assist with all activities in the Accounts Payable/Receivable function, reporting to the Controller and working closely with the General Ledger Accounting Manager. The successful candidate will ensure timely payments are made, maintain accurate records and control reports. The position will manage billing and collection activities such as sending invoices, follow-up inquires, and applying cash receipts. In addition, this role will be responsible for recommending improvements to the accounts payable/receivable processes, generating standard operating procedures, and implementing approved changes. This position works directly with all departments to proactively resolve issues and is a key contributor in achieving an efficient and accurate payment and billing process.
- Manage and supervise the accounts payable/receivable department and staff in the organization.
- Serve as subject matter expert for accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions, system modules, and policies
- Ensure that systems, policies, and procedures adhere to company policies while functioning with accuracy and timeliness.
- Oversee all tax-related processes, such as 1099 and unclaimed property filings.
- Oversee all payment transactions such as ACH, wires, corporate credit card, BTA and manual checks
- Keep track of the status of all transactions taking place within the company and external vendors and contractors.
- Perform staff training, in addition to on-going on-the-job training for new employees and other employees, as needed.
- Review the monthly AR aging reports and generates monthly customer statements
- Assist with monthly status (aging) reports and month-end closing
- Reviews/approve credit memos, process AR corrections, review/post AR cash receipts to ensure the integrity of the AR subsidiary ledger.
- Administer Certify (expense reporting) and API (automated accounts payable) online systems; respond to user questions and issues timely; manage issues portals with vendors.
- Other duties that may be assigned
- Experience with on-line expense reporting and automated payables systems
- Working knowledge of internal accounting controls
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains and CashPro, a plus
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or relevant field
- Six or more years of progressively responsible accounting experience, including responsibilities encompassing accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Three or more years of process supervisory experience
- Most work is done in a office setting
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Were you referred by a Hawks employee? If so, who?
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States? (Y/N)
Will you now or in the future require work sponsorship? (Y/N)