TECHNICAL ANALYST with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON, DC
Reporting to the Manager, IT Help Desk, the Technical Analyst is primarily responsible for troubleshooting and resolving all assigned technical issues. All client-level issues and requests are to be addressed by the Technical Analyst. In the event an issue or request is determined to be outside the Technical Analysts abilities to resolve they are required to document all troubleshooting steps performed and escalate the issue using established procedures. The Technical Analyst is responsible for completing recurring maintenance tasks and assigned projects in a timely and accurate fashion.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a functional backup and additional quality check for all equipment lifecycle processes.
- Receive and document support requests/inquiries made to the IT Department via email, phone or other medium and logging and assigning those requests in a ticket management system.
- Collaborate with the other members of the IT Department to successfully complete Enterprise technology projects on time and within budget.
- Respond to and resolve all support requests/inquiries in a timely fashion utilizing established procedures and escalations.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources as necessary to achieve desired results.
- Develop and maintain documentation including, but not limited to, standard operating procedures, equipment installation methodologies, project plans and environment configurations.
- Become intimately familiar with and adhere to company and departmental operating policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must effectively and efficiently communicate with other members of the IT Department at all levels of the Organizational Chart to provide support; interact with the user community in a professional, courteous and helpful manner; and interact with outside IT hardware, software and support vendors.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent business or military experience
- Minimum of 2 years hands on experience working in a customer service environment
- Relevant industry recognized certifications
- Experience working in a decentralized multi-site organization
- Experience with Call Center applications and functions
- Experience with Service Desk ticketing/service applications and functions
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
- Familiarity with common operating systems and software suites
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and provide technical support and user training
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Extraordinary organizational and prioritization skills
- Capable of following instructions and responds well to direction
- Sensitive to deadlines and completes tasks on time
- Ability to utilize good judgement to anticipate needs and complete tasks
- Efficient at multitasking in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Well suited for participation in multidisciplinary, high-performance work teams
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and comprehend technical documents, short correspondence and memos
- Proficient at typing and in the use of computer software programs
- Capable of documenting all duties performed in relevant systems using clear and detailed language
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together
- Position will primarily require employee to report to the Tower Oaks location in Rockville, MD and the Nationals Park location in Washington, DC; occasionally site visits or offsite meetings at other locations will be required to successfully perform job functions.
- Typical Environment: Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Occasional: Maintenance: Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme heat, extreme cold, noise, hazards and atmospheric conditions (fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases or poor ventilation)
- Work will require occasional weekend and/or evening work, including on-call and onsite Day of Game support which are rotated with other members of the Information Technology department on a pre-established schedule.
- All members of the IT Department are considered “Critical Personnel” and have responsibilities during weather and other emergencies.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Associates or better