Tarp Crew (Part-Time Seasonal) with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON · DC
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Game Day/Event Staff
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Reporting to the Director of Field Operations, the Tarp Crew staff assists in all duties that directly relate to field preparation during Nationals home games; pre and post-game. This position is part time which requires staff to report 2 hours prior to the game and remain up to 1 hour post-game. Weather may offer opportunities for staff to work additional hours beyond their normal 6 hour shift. No prior experience is required. Employees can expect to work in adverse weather conditions and should be aware of those dangers prior to applying. This position does not receive any company sponsored benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- During inclement weather, responsible for safely covering the field with the field tarp.
- Batting practice set-up and breakdown.
- Pre-game and post-game field preparations, duties assigned per game.
- In-game dragging of the infield clay surface.
- Assist in maintaining a well-organized, clean, professional looking shop and break room area.
- Perform any other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Ability to lift, carry, and transport up to 50 lbs.
- Available to work days, nights, holidays, weekends, overtime if necessary.
- Ability to work in a professional, team atmosphere.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure and/or frequently deal with a rapidly changing work schedule and environment throughout shift.
- Move quickly under unpredictable situations.
- Ability to learn while on-the-job.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Grounds: Groundskeeping employees perform most of their work outdoors in all kinds of weather. The job is not considered dangerous; however, groundskeeping employees working with tools and machines, can be injured if they use them carelessly. As mentioned above, at times, we do work in adverse weather conditions and applicants should be aware of those potential dangers.
Education: Preferred High School or better
How did you hear about this job?