RECRUITER with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON, DC
Under the direction of the Senior Director, Human Resources the HR Manager will provide guidance and support to hiring managers and employees in all recruiting related matters.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Recruitment process for the Front Office and seasonal employees from beginning to end.
- Counsel hiring managers on recruitment strategy and assist with completing Recruiting Paperwork: Authorization to Hire, Job Descriptions, and New Hire Forms.
- Perform salary assessments for positions where needed.
- Prepare Job Descriptions and post all job advertisements.
- Screen applicants and conduct telephone and in person interviews with candidates.
- Manage seasonal Job Fair(s).
- Perform reference checks.
- Prepare and send out offer letters.
- Represent the Nationals at recruiting events.
- Manage the Intern Program
- Conduct New Hire Orientations and onboarding procedures for the interns.
- Administer the employee referral bonus process.
- Assist with establishing diversity and inclusion goals and supporting those goals through recruiting initiatives including developing and enhancing relationships HBCs and other diversity focused groups in the DC Metro area.
- Build relationships and develop pipelines of talent for positions where we have frequent vacancies.
- Support the HR Coordinator with onboarding procedures as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field of study.
- Minimum and of 5 years recruiting experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
- Knowledge of all pertinent US federal and state employment laws.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective and constructive relationships by being attentive and responsive and show honesty and integrity when dealing with people.
- Understand how to manage information, balancing employee confidentiality with business needs; knows when to communicate upwards.
- Working knowledge of recruitment technology and processes, applicant tracking processes, career websites, and direct recruiting techniques.
- Ability to analyze information, draw conclusions, and develop solutions to problems.
- Ability to multi task, establish priorities, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and HRIS systems.
- Team and/or sports experience preferred.
- Knowledge of MLB policies and procedures preferred.
- Occasional weekend and/or evening work may be required.
- Minimal travel required.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Bachelors or better
How did you hear about this job?