Off-Duty MPD Officers - Washington Nationals (WASHINGTON · DC)
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Security
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Reporting to the Law Enforcement Supervisor, Off Duty MPD Officers are DC Metropolitan Police Officers hired part time, on a seasonal basis, to provide additional event security throughout the year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all duties, functions and responsibilities of a sworn officer, pursuant to applicable department guidelines, directives and policies. Officers should be in full duty capicity.
- Respond to criminal matters occurring at the ballpark and surrounding property
- Provide security presence and monitor activity at gate inspection areas pre-game/event, during the game/event, and post-game/event
- Maintain a visible presence and monitor assigned sections/areas
- Provide escorts to Levy and Nationals Box Office cash-handling staff during events
- Provide security presence and monitor activity at Levy cash room
- Assist the Nationals with enforcing Guest Conduct Policy and responding to unruly or disruptive guests
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Must be a current Washington DC Metropolitan Police Officer in good standing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Must be a current Washington DC Metropolitan Police Officer
- Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.