Mascot - Screech (Part-Time) - Washington Nationals (WASHINGTON · DC)
This position will provide compelling, family-friendly entertainment as our mascot, Screech, at regular season home games and outside community appearances. During games, Screech will meet and greet with fans and work extensively with the Nationals Game Presentation team on many in-park activations to enhance the game day experience. This position must be available for outside events and appearances. It is required that the position accepts the responsibility that they are a representative of the Washington Nationals, and in doing so also commits to perform in accordance with the standards and expectations of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn and act out the mannerisms of the Nationals primary mascot, Screech.
- Responsible for the execution of on-field activations, video content, dance routines, stunts, acrobatics, and skits as Screech.
- Responsible for interacting with and entertaining fans throughout Nationals Park and at outside events.
- Display enthusiasm and high energy during all times while in costume.
- Act as a Screech handler when not in costume during home games or appearances.
- Ensure the mascot costume and props are properly cared for.
- Work hand in hand with mascot handlers to ensure safe practices are followed.
- Must be able to work all Nationals home games.
- Must be able to arrive at Nationals Park at least 90 minutes prior to game times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous mascot experience required.
- Previous mascot experience at collegiate or professional level preferred.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Successfully pass a Background Investigation.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including working game nights, weekends, holidays, and special event nights as needed.
- Work will require weekend and evening work.
- Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue.
- May work at heights.
- Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances and climb up/down stairs.
- The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.