Manager, Marketing (Dream Foundation) with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON · DC
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Since 2007, the Washington Nationals’ Dream Foundation (d/b/a as Washington Nationals Philanthropies as of 2020 – herein “Philanthropies”) has served as the Washington Nationals’ philanthropic arm, distributing more than $8 million in grants to local organizations. With the opening of its Youth Baseball Academy (“Academy”) in 2013, the team’s philanthropic impact extended to on-the-ground programming.
Building off the success of these two entities and an expanded vision for maximizing impact, the Washington Nationals organization is developing an enterprise philanthropic organization, using the team’s brand as a platform to activate citizen-fans, businesses, foundations, and civic leaders to collectively bring about positive change. In the spirit of One Pursuit for a better Washington, this new enterprise will catalyze mass citizen participation – and just like a great baseball team, the whole of our collective effort will be greater than the sum of the individual parts. In so doing, we aim to become the best philanthropic organization in professional sports.
The Marketing Manager (“Manager”) will create and manage the dissemination of marketing content to a range of audiences and across a number of channels. The Manager’s work product will include social media content, website content updates, email marketing communications, direct development appeals, presentations for use throughout the organization, development-focused materials, and materials publicizing specific events and campaigns. Working in direct support of the Chief Marketing & Development Officer, the Manager will have a hand in creation and strategic deployment of all Philanthropies’ outward-facing content.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage creation and deployment of content across the Philanthropies’ website, social media channels, marketing emails, and direct mail, among other platforms
- Support the Philanthropies’ development team and fundraising functions by creating and maintaining relevant materials including but not limited to proposals, presentations, letters and reports
- Develop content responsive to external communications needs such as press releases, media advisories, talking points, and remarks – often in collaboration with the Nationals communication departments
- Maintain and deploy content libraries related to ongoing Philanthropies programs and activities such as the Academy, 50/50 Raffle and email marketing communications
- Perform similar work related to episodic Philanthropies programs and activities including annual fundraising events (signature Gala, among others), player-driven and/or team-driven co-marketing activities, partnership announcements, and finite fundraising campaigns
- Serve as administrative arm of marketing department, maintaining and organizing evergreen content including generic collateral, photograph and document libraries, links and other relevant marketing assets
- Attend meetings relating to Washington Nationals marketing activities, maintaining a current knowledge base of episodic campaigns, slogans and trends
- Support the CMDO in the management / oversight of third-party creative service providers
- Track expenses and ROI associated with paid marketing activities through robust analytics assessment
- Prepare necessary correspondence, reports, forms and documents as directed
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent military experience required
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience in a professional office setting
- Event planning and/or fundraising work experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Excellent written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects
- Working knowledge of trends and techniques associated with written and visual content development
- Strong client-service orientation with an understanding of how to “manage up” and proactive answer questions before they’re asked
- General proficiency with Adobe Creative suite of applications, HTML, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Microsoft Office, and Canva
- Ability to work in fast-paced and high-pressure environments, often managing deadlines that are triggered by external / uncontrollable events
- Strong ability to work well independently as well as with co-workers, supervisors, volunteers, and partners
- Ability to learn and master new software programs
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work
- The Content Manager will be required to occasionally (but regularly) attend activities (including Nationals games) that occur outside regular office hours. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
How did you hear about this job?