MANAGER, GUEST EXPERIENCE AND BALLPARK TOURS with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON, DC
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON, DC
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Event Guest Relations
This position is responsible for working cooperatively with Guest Experience management to lead the Washington Nationals Guest Experience team, ensuring that each guest at Nationals Park receives the highest level of customer service. This individual assists in the hiring, training and coordination of the Guest Experience team as well as serves as a coach/mentor to maintain the highest level of customer service throughout Nationals Park. This person is responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of the Ballpark Tours
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Ballpark Tour Management:
- Accountable for day-to-day management of the ballpark tours program
- Develop and implement strategic solutions to support the expansion, development and efficient operation of the tour program.
- Assist in general management of the tour program on a day to day basis including promptly responding to incidents as needed
- Develop and lead marketing efforts to increase tour awareness
- Assist the Senior Manager, Guest Experience with managing the recruiting, hiring and training of tour guide staff
- Responsible for tour script review and edits intermittently
- Maintain ballpark tours e-mail and hotline
- Receive and handle payments
- Schedule all tour guides through ABI for public and private tours
- Implement tour rules and policies
- Responsible for a pre-tour route review and security check
- Create content on ballpark tour website; Assist in creation of post-tour surveys and analysis of responses
Service Media Response Team:
- Accountable for day-to-day operations and reporting
- Responsible for training, scheduling, hiring and developing team members
- Annual review of all systems and protocols for efficiency and improvement
- Review all out messaging ensuring “best response” is given
- Audit messaging to ensure team is properly representing the brand
- Manage payroll and training budget
- Oversight of scheduling staff and monthly scheduling process
- Ensure all employee records and Guest Experience systems and databases are up to date.
- Collaborate with Senior manager and Director to produce and facilitate team member training
- Solicit guest feedback with the aim of creating initiatives designed to enhance customer service and event operations
- Coordinate with Human Resources and Director of Guest Experience on employee coaching (Coaching for Improvement)
- Communicate all information about groups or special guests to the Guest Experience team prior to each game
- Ensure all guest experience issues are acknowledged and resolved. Properly and effectively resolve or escalate guest experience issues involving guests with utmost sensitivity, tact, diplomacy, and a global problem-solving emphasis
- Work cooperatively with Senior Manager to define policies, procedures and best practices to advance the quality of guest experience practices within the organization
- Assist in oversight of Lost & Found program; participate in return of items, donations and participate in problem solving if necessary
- Survey department to determine intern requirements
- Responsible for day-today management of the Hospitality Hosts
- Assist in management of Guest Experience Interns
- Assist in management of Guest Experience Game day Staff
Education and Experience:
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, marketing, sport management, business administration or related field required. Equivalent relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education if approved by management
- Experience managing large number of employees
- Previous program development experience, including training, communication and supervision of others
- 1 year experience developing and facilitating trainings for large groups
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Sport Marketing, Sport Management, Hospitality or a related field
- Previous experience working in a similar environment; sports, resort or general hospitality
- 3 years of hospitality management experience
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Exceptional problem solving skills; identifying, collecting, and analyzing relevant information to a problem and create multiple solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrate accountability for results with a solid ability to initiate and maintain actions to attain goals regularly monitoring progress
- Exemplifies a collaborative approach in dealing with management, team members, vendors, and guests. Is respectful of other people’s contributions, and is tactful and sensitive
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage independent projects simultaneously with great attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate with the staff and guests
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn and adapt to various software and technology programs to complete work duties
- Self-motivated, organized, attentive to details, and the ability to manage time and effectively function without close supervision
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Will be required to work nights, weekends and some holidays during the season.
- May be required to work in a heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue.
- May work at heights.
- Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees
How did you hear about this job?