Manager, Electrical Trades - Electrical Manager - Washington Nationals (WASHINGTON · DC)
Reporting to the Executive Director, Facilities, the Electrical Trades Manager is responsible for administrative and technical work in assessing, maintaining diagnosing, repairing and operating electrical, electronics, vertical transportation and audio visual systems at a Major League Baseball ballpark. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the operation, maintenance and repair of electrical distribution (to 13.2 kV), fire alarm, field lighting, lighting controls, energy management and building automation, audio visual, low voltage and vertical transportation (elevator, escalator) systems.
Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the work activities of staff. Coordinates efforts and services with other trades, ballpark staff in other areas of operations, other stake holders (i.e.: MLB, broadcasters, food service operator, utility providers and government agencies). Develops scope and specifications for contracted services, solicits proposals, manages and coordinates the work of vendors and service providers in support of ballpark operations. Day to day operations are largely carried out through immediate staff. Work includes the preparation of reports and the maintenance of records. Work is performed under general direction of the Director of Facilities and is reviewed primarily through the evaluation of the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, review of reports, and consultation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and direct the operation, maintenance and repair of the ballpark’s electrical, electronic, vertical transportation and audio visual systems.
- Prepare cost estimates for major repair and alteration projects to include labor, equipment, and materials needs.
- Develop scope and specifications for contracted services and projects, solicits proposals, manages and coordinates the work of vendors and service providers in support of ballpark operations.
- Recruit, train and manage subordinates. Review subordinate’s performance and counseling when necessary.
- Maintain the highest work and safety standards in compliance with OSHA requirements and all applicable codes.
- Prepare operating and capital budgets, manage cost, prepare and maintain reports and records.
- Represent the organization and maintains excellent relations with local code officials in areas of responsibility.
- Perform related trade work as required.
- Maintain excellent working relationships and serves as a role model in terms of behavior, service presentation and cooperation with others. Exemplify the core values of the organization at all times.
- Advise the ballpark operations leadership team.
- Participate in the planning, support and management of game and special event operations
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum education and experience requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED, supplemented with electrical courses from a technical school, college or university. Or equivalent military experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the electrical trades.
- 5 years supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
- Thorough knowledge of the methods, techniques, equipment, tools, and material used in the electrical trades.
- Thorough working knowledge of the National Electrical Code and local code requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of occupational safety and health standards and implementation of same in the workplace.
- Ability to plan, organize, lay out, and direct a variety of electrical work projects.
- Ability to supervise the work of others and to coordinate closely with and support other trades and services.
- Ability to understand and efficiently carry out and deliver written and oral instructions.
- Ability to interpret drawings and blue prints.
- Ability to estimate the amounts of labor, material, and equipment required for projects and prepare cost estimates.
- Ability to develop scope and specifications for contracted services.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with others.
- Ability to prepare complex reports and maintain complex records.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Maintenance: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Worker will be subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme heat, extreme cold, noise, hazards and atmospheric conditions (fumes, odor, dust, mists, gases or poor ventilation). This position may require walking long distances, climbing ladders, standing for long periods of time, and lifting objects up to 50 lbs. Work may require extended hours and longer periods between days off to support game and event schedules.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.