Manager, Development (Events), Dream Foundation/YBA with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON · DC
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Since 2007, the Washington Nationals’ Dream Foundation has served as the Washington Nationals’ philanthropic arm, distributing more than $8 million in grants to local organizations. With the opening of its Youth Baseball Academy in 2013, the team’s philanthropic impact extended to on-the-ground programming.
Building off the success of these two entities and an expanded vision for maximizing impact, the Washington Nationals organization is developing an enterprise philanthropic organization, using the team’s brand as a platform to activate citizen-fans, businesses, foundations, and civic leaders to collectively bring about positive change. In the spirit of One Pursuit for a better Washington, this new enterprise will catalyze mass citizen participation – and just like a great baseball team, the whole of our collective effort will be greater than the sum of the individual parts. In so doing, we aim to become the best philanthropic organization in professional sports.
As we work toward this goal, we are eager to build out our development team and seek an experienced fundraiser to focus on optimizing an existing suite of annual events (“Manager”). S/He will be a goal-oriented, team player who can work in a fast-paced environment and has a passion for keeping promises and exceeding expectations. With direction from senior leadership, the Manager will implement a high-level fundraising strategy around four-six annual events in Washington D.C. Over time, the Manager will develop a pipeline by identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, closing and stewarding donors and prospects. The ideal candidate will have experience optimizing the events-driven fundraising and be able to communicate the organization’s mission, programs, and message to existing and prospective donors, and from the philanthropic community at large.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume ownership over a pipeline (corporate and individuals) of potential donors with aim of maximizing revenue outcomes across a portfolio of fundraising events
- Critically analyze the current event portfolio, providing strategies for both maximizing current revenue streams and unlocking new ones
- Engage in systematic prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of corporate and individual prospects
- Contribute to the preparation and creation of outward-facing event materials
- Manage the senior leadership’s involvement with prospective and current donors/event sponsors as necessary
- Develop key relationship within Washington Nationals (“WNBC”) infrastructure to support prospect pipeline development and asset alignment
- Utilize Salesforce database to maintain accurate records of all donor interactions, individuals’ programmatic interests, trends in giving, and type of support to solicit
- Deploy consistent and accurate information across internal departments to yield optimal results
- Effectively “manage up”, intentionally managing the time and energy of senior leadership to achieve optimal outcomes around fundraising events
- Work closely with the Foundation’s operations team to ensure delivery of fantastic event experience(s) for donor/sponsors
- Serve as a primary point of contact on an ongoing basis to event sponsors/donors
- Collaborate on the design and development of donor engagement programs, communication materials, and stewardship initiatives
- Contribute to the success of the organization by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Three to five years of professional or volunteer experience in development/fundraising OR three years of experience in a closely related field such as corporate sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent military experience
- Excellent computer skills, with a strong familiarity in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Salesforce
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate with staff and prepare written reports
- Ability to make a persuasive verbal and written case for supporting key programs and projects, effectively matching the interests of prospective donors to specific needs
- An understanding of how to monetize events and related benefits/experiences
- Ability to interact, communicate, and work effectively with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment
- (Preferred) Experience with CRM platform (Salesforce.com or similar)
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment
- Position will require occasional weekend and/or evening work
How did you hear about this job?