LEAD CARPENTER with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON, DC
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON, DC
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
Skilled foreman and tradesman from the discipline of carpentry and locksmith work in the Washington Nationals Ballpark Engineering Department.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and plan daily projects for carpentry and locksmith shops
- Assist in defining goals and objectives for shop projects
- Confers with facilities director, building engineer, and trade supervisors regarding projects and assignments for shops
- Recommend practical and technical changes
- Assess projects and delegates assignments and tasks
- Prepare and review material requisitions and estimates of tools, equipment and supplies required to complete assignments
- Purchase and confers with vendors to identify materials and supplies needed, obtaining bids and price quotes. Maintains crew and project schedules and reports expenditures, materials used and tasks completed
- Supervise staff, coordinates work efforts, and delegates assignments and tasks
- Set priorities and establish time lines for completion of assignments
- Instruct and advises crews in maintaining safe and secure work sites (e.g., identify and correct safety hazards)
- Evaluate work and counsels staff on ways to improve performance
- Prepare performance evaluations, and enforces Nationals’ policies
- Monitor work of contractors when on site
- Lead activities of skilled trade workers of skilled trade workers on difficult and complex projects
- Coordinate daily activities of the shops, trade crews, and contractors from start to completion of projects
- Inspect all work and keeps projects on schedule
- Provide training and technical assistance on assignments
- Perform advanced and complex skilled work
- Maintain and modify master key systems
- Plan master key system to provide authorized access to individual rooms, parts of buildings or designated areas
- Install, maintain and repairs locks
- Operate grinding equipment to make individual keys and all levels of master keys
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or Equivalent GED or an equivalent combination of education and experience or equivalent military experience
- Valid driver’s license and commercial driver’s license
- Completion of an approved carpentry apprentice program or four years of progressively responsible carpentry experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Ability to understand and apply principles to solve practical problems
- Lift up to 100 pounds and work at heights
- Calculate fractions, decimals, and percentages
- Read and understand manuals, blueprints, sketches, and drawing
- Ability to Complete work orders and other related paperwork
- Skill in operation of carpentry hand and power tool, light construction equipment (e.g., forklift, skid loader) and motor vehicle
- Distinguish different colors
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Worker will be subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme heat, extreme cold, noise, hazards and atmospheric conditions (fumes, odor, dust, mists, gases or poor ventilation). While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
- Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
How did you hear about this job?