INTERN, DREAM FOUNDATION with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON · DC
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
The Intern will provide operational, administrative and logistical support to Washington Nationals Philanthropies (currently known outwardly as the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation, abbreviated as “WNP”), the charitable arm of the Washington Nationals, from September 2019 until at least May 2020, with a mutual option for extending the employment through August of 2020.
To date, the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation and its programmatic arm, the Youth Baseball Academy, have harnessed the power of baseball to deliver tangible opportunities for youth throughout the greater D.C. metro area. Through an enhanced strategy that will mobilize the generosity of Nationals fans, player philanthropy, corporate champions, and community partners, this collective philanthropic enterprise will fuel even greater good for a better Washington.
The Intern will support multiple functional departments including operations, fundraising, and marketing. Key responsibilities include planning and execution for any and all WNP events including but not limited to the annual Gala, Nationals Philanthropies Day, and several other fundraising activities and activations. The Intern will also assist in the fulfillment of experience packages, guest hospitality and public recognitions at Nationals Park game days. The intern will be expected to provide day-of event assistance for the Gala and other special events & fundraisers throughout their tenure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform general office work including duties surrounding events, fundraising, marketing and operations
- Preparation for and execution of the 2020 Homecoming Gala
- Preparation for and execution of WNP-related events (fundraisers and other activations)
- Operational support relating to year-end fundraising efforts, including but not limited drafting outbound correspondence, gift tracking and data maintenance, acknowledgment letter creation and research
- Ad hoc marketing support including but not limited to copy development, content collection and preparation of outward-facing materials
- Support with research, presentation and similar projects supporting WNP’s Office of Collective Impact (“OCI”)
- Fulfillment of hospitality and experience packages at Nationals Park
- Additional projects may be assigned in accordance with the Intern’s interests and talents
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required
- Prior office experience required
- Good communications skills (interpersonal, verbal, written)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Interest in sports philanthropy or nonprofit/charitable work preferred
- Day-of and preparatory special event experience preferred, particularly with charitable fundraisers
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Special Events: Duties require intern to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, climb up/down stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
How did you hear about this job?