HUSTLE ASSISTANT COACH with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON, DC
The HUSTLE Assistant Coach, Youth Baseball Academy, is responsible for assisting with the Academy’s HUSTLE players, baseball/softball-specific skill instruction of their designated HUSTLE team, providing a safe environment, and serving as a positive role model. The HUSTLE Assistant Coach will work directly with the Academy’s HUSTLE coaching staff, players, and will receive support from the Academy’s HUSTLE Head Coach. The HUSTLE Assistant Coach will assist the activities of his/her team through their designated season(s) of practices and games.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The HUSTLE Assistant Coach should assist in creating detailed practice plans that emphasize HUSTLE, energy, and maximize on-field reps.
- The HUSTLE Assistant Coach should be knowledgeable of The Academy Way and the Academy’s Core Values.
- The HUSTLE Assistant Coach is responsible for reporting ANY injuries of players
- The HUSTLE Assistant Coach is responsible for managing and organizing team equipment and field setup at the beginning of HUSTLE activities and the breakdown of equipment at the conclusion of HUSTLE events
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Required: High school diploma and pursuing a college degree with 2+ years of baseball/softball coaching experience.
- Preferred: 1+ years of relevant youth development experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Preferred: Demonstrated youth development experience
- Required: Ability to lead a group of children by giving instruction in field settings
- Required: Demonstrate the ability to be prepared and organized for every HUSTLE activity day
- Required: Deep knowledge and experience of baseball/softball rules
- Required: Demonstrated experience and emotional commitment to working with youth and families in a low-income, urban community
- Required: Commitment to achieving the articulated objectives of the Academy for scholar-athletes, staff, and the community at-large
- Required: Demonstrated leadership and motivational skills
- Required: Embody the qualities of a strong role model for the Academy’s scholar-athletes
- Required: Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Required: Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
Field: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Summer Academy Coach encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Summer Academy Coach will be subject to inside and outside environmental conditions and will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. Job requires the Summer Academy Coach to function in a high activity sports venue. While performing the duties of this job, the Summer Academy Coach is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, run, jump, and climb up/down stairs.