Facilities & Operations Assistant - Youth Baseball Academy - Washington Nationals (WASHINGTON · DC)
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Reporting to the Manager of Academy Operations, the Facilities & Operations Assistant will help with preparation for programming and baseball and softball events at the Youth Baseball Academy including Base programming, Hustle baseball and softball games, community events, high school baseball, college baseball and softball games and practices. The assistant may be expected to provide day-of event assistance for baseball and softball games as well as some front office admin duties. The Assistant will also be responsible for general repairs and maintenance of the facility.
The assistant will provide assistance to the Washington Nationals Philanthropies, charitable arm of the Washington Nationals, from September 2021 until end of November 2021. The Assistant is expected to work between 20-30 hours per week.
The Washington Nationals Philanthropies is committed to improving the lives of children and teens in the Washington, D.C. region by supporting initiatives focused on academics, the arts, nutrition and sports. Through the generosity of Nationals fans and corporate partners, Washington Nationals Philanthropies is using the power of baseball to provide a world of opportunity for area youth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with daily field and facility maintenance during the week.
- Includes mound repair for our one dirt mound
- In-field maintenance for the three baseball fields
- Includes general facility/building repairs and maintenance
- Assist with internal and external events at the Academy occasionally on the weekend.
- Assist with operations duties with Hustle Baseball and Softball events.
- Assist with on occasions front office duties during Academy Base Programming
- Additional duties may be assigned in accordance with the assistant’s interests and talents
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Familiarity with synthetic turf field care
- Previous manual labor experience
- Prior experience working with hand and power tools
- Ability to troubleshoot in certain areas for repairs and maintenance issue
- Good communications skills (interpersonal, verbal, written)
- Bachelor’s degree or currently going to school.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Experience working in a child friendly environment
- Game-day experience with turf baseball field maintenance
- Office: Working conditions are normally outside with some in office duties. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Special Events: Duties require assistant to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, climb up/down stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.