2023 Warehouse Associate (Part-Time) - Washington Nationals (WASHINGTON · DC)
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse associate is responsible for receiving, logging, storing, and transferring retail merchandise.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all incoming and outgoing inventory is processed according to policy
- Receive all Nationals merchandise shipments from the loading dock and mail room
- Effectively operate the point of sale system
- Manage multiple tasks while remaining calm under pressure, anticipate and solve problems accordingly, and work independently and responsibly in a fast-paced environment
- Participate in physical inventory counts and cycle counts
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- At least 2 years’ experience working in Retail or Warehouse environment
- Previous shipping and receiving experience preferred
- Experience with Retail Teamwork Software preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Available to work 80% of Washington Nationals 81 home games, ‘Special Events’, and rotating shift and hours.
- Available to work up to 32 hours while the Washington Nationals are away to clean stores and stock balance product.
- Ability to work irregular/extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic is a must.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Ability to work independently and responsibly in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours based upon business needs.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together
- Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.