2023 Guest Experience Supervisor (Part-Time) - Washington Nationals (WASHINGTON · DC)
A candidate for this position promotes a positive and professional image at all times. This individual is responsible for closely supervising Guest Experience staff members who are providing world class customer service and hospitality to all guests entering Nationals Park. This individual understands that they have the ability to impact each guest’s experience, and does everything that they can to enhance the experience while abiding by company policies.
Pay rate: $24.75/hour
Perks: Starting this season, we are excited to roll out the following new benefits for our team members:
- Theme Park Discount: Members of our team are eligible to receive complimentary admission tickets to a local theme park.
- Specialty Ticket Offers: This season we will be offering additional opportunities to receive complimentary tickets to Nationals games and tours for you and your family.
- Retail Discounts: We will also be providing additional opportunities to shop at our main Team Store with a discount on merchandise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Guest Experience Game Day Staff on specified team.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting prior to every event with team ensuring all pertinent information is distributed.
- Coordinate all staffing assignments and manage staff accordingly to ensure that staff are posted at all appropriate locations.
- Ensure all staff are in proper uniform and are aware of their duties and expectations.
- Manage all staff breaks effectively.
- Perform daily safety and security checks within assigned area as well as throughout the stadium; report all substandard or inadequate findings to supervisory staff.
- Retain an extensive knowledge of the team, Nationals Park layout, seating sections, key venue attractions, key team and venue personnel identity, and emergency activity procedures – Supervisors are the main point of contact for their assigned areas
- Receive and quickly act upon requests or concerns from guests; escalate serious concerns as needed.
- Cohesively work in conjunction with other departments, including Metropolitan Police Department, security, food service, box office, retail, parking, custodial/housekeeping, and maintenance. Develop relationships with partner company supervisors within your area of responsibility.
- Be personal and proactive in providing assistance to all guests with the highest level of customer service and hospitality.
- Assist guests by providing accurate directions to seating section and key attractions within Nationals Park and surrounding areas (i.e., parking lots and Metro).
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationship with those contacted in the course of work.
- Enforce venue, team and league rules, regulations and policies.
- Monitor all public areas to maintain order and safety.
- Conduct any Coaching for Improvement meetings when needed.
- Perform additional functions and activities as directed by the Guest Experience Leadership Team.
- Assist with recruiting, hiring, and training of event staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- 2-3 years of experience supervising staff in a customer service role
- High School Degree or equivalent military experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Available to work 85% of Nationals home games.
- Available to report 3 hours prior to the start of a game
- Available to work large non-baseball events throughout the year as needed.
- Available to attend monthly supervisor meetings
- Effective verbal and written, communication, and presentation skills; Ability to interact with people of all different levels and backgrounds.
- Understands how to manage information, balancing employee confidentiality with business needs; knows when to communicate information upward.
- Understands need for data integrity and pays attention to maintaining accurate and timely data.
- Proven ability to lead effectively in a team environment with employees.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and able to provide excellent customer service and hospitality.
- Maintain a professional appearance and grooming.
- Must be a team player who is able to work well in a fast paced environment
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.