2020 Racing President with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON · DC
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Event Guest Relations
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Racing Presidents have been a mainstay at Nationals games for the last 14 seasons. Originally a scoreboard video feature, the Presidents came "to life" in 2006. They are regularly featured on ESPN and have garnered the IDEA Conference “Best Interactive Feature” Award and GameOps.com "Best OF On-Field Promotion" award on multiple occasions. The Racing Presidents not only race in the mid-4th inning, but also greet fans at the gates before home games and Meet and Greet with the fans after race until the bottom of the 5th inning in the GEICO photo area. The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take on the persona of the Racing President you encompass.
- Interact with fans during pre-game.
- Race in the mid-4th President's Race.
- Participate in the GEICO photo station following the end of the race until bottom of the 5th inning.
- Take part in the 7th Inning Stretch.
- Take part in outside appearances as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Previous mascot experience is preferred, but not required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Must be reliable and able to arrive at Nationals Park at least 90 minutes prior to gametimes.
- Must be able to work at least 40% of the Nationals home games in 2019.
- Must be able to take part in the annual tryout (tryouts are by invitation only).
- Must be between 5'7" and 6'6" in height.
- Ability to run from centerfield to first base (approximately 200 yards) in a 50 pound costume.
- Ability to properly function in while wearing a 50 pound costume.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
How did you hear about this job?