Texas League Careers
Ticketing & Membership Fulfillment Internship - Amarillo Sod Poodles (Amarillo · TX)
As a ticketing department and membership fulfillment Intern, you will assist the Assistant GM, Director of Group Sales, Ticket Operations Manager as well as the entire ticket sales staff with all aspects within the department. This internship is designed for you to learn all aspects of a ticket sales department. Not only will you be selling group/ticket packages, working ticket windows, helping to run the box office, you will also be a liaison to season ticket members, as well as an integral part of our gameday/event staff for all events at HODGETOWN during the 2022 season.
- Learn the art of heavy relationship-building with prospective and current clients in order to meet sales goals.
- Place outbound calls to decision-makers and customers to sell ticket packages or group sales accounts.
- Help sales reps upsell current clients to better seats/group events
- Learn all aspects of ProVenue/Tickets.com including back-end reporting/analytics of ticket usage
- Work with all ST clients on how to best use their tickets, including brand new consign back ticket program
- Assist with mass e-mails to all ST Holders with information throughout the season
- Act as a liaison between all ST clients and Sod Poodles
- Work with Director of Corporate Sales to ensure all corporate clients are utilizing all their tickets
- Assisting in ticketing platform related functions
- Data entry including group and season ticket contracts
- Provide a superior level of customer service to all suite clients, season ticket holders, plan holders, single-game buyers, new business prospects, and fans alike
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects and adhere to
- Undergraduate Degree
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as required and Nights & Holidays
- Must be available to work in Amarillo for the duration of the Internship (Feb – Sept)
- Self-Starter and able to work with multiple departments and people
- Strong customer service experience (both in-person and over the phone)
- Ticket office experience; ProVenue/Tickets.com experience a plus
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite considered a plus
- Intermediate computer skills (Word, Excel)
- We are seeking applicants that are excellent communicators, detail-orientated, team players, confident, ambitious, dedicated, diligent, computer savvy, and have a general knowledge of sports, and want to be in sales as a career.
- We prefer candidates with previous internships working in sports teams.
- This internship MAY lead to a FULL-TIME OPPORTUNITY FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
- This position pays $9.00 per hour plus commissions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Are you able to work in person for the duration of the internship (February through September)
Do you have any previous ticket sales or operations experience?
Why are you interested in working in a ticket sales / operations department?