Manager, Business Analytics - Texas Rangers (Arlington · TX)
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business
Job Title: Manager, Business Analytics
Reports to: Vice President, Business Analytics & Ticket Strategy
EEO: FLSA Status:
JOB SUMMARY: The Manager of Business Analytics will be a technical & strategic expert in all areas relating to statistical modeling, data structure and interpretation, and data visualization. This position will support cross-department analytics projects while being a thought leader in assessing new ways to impact organization wide goals. This position will be responsible for understanding and utilizing league data sets and tools to produce new data driven initiatives. This position will promote better decision making by maintaining appropriate relationships throughout the league and organization to continue to learn best practices and stay on the fore-front of data driven insights.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Support and collaborate with the Ticket Sales, Ticket Operations, Partnership, Marketing, and Promotions department on various analysis opportunities
- Support departments analysis & reporting needs through visualizations and dashboards
- Support departments with the communication and dissemination of analytics project findings
- Create and maintain prediction models for ticket sales on the single-game and season ticket level
- Understand the overall voice of the customer by creation of a new segmentation study
- Oversee the life cycle of a consumer through the creation & implementation of the customer journey
- Develop an understanding of data collection needs in order to recommend new ways of acquiring data
- Make business intelligence recommendations based off of project findings
- Strong interest in baseball and baseball front office business analytics
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, or a related field
- Knowledge of predictive modeling techniques such as regression analysis for response modeling, customer profiling and segmentation, needs analysis, and other types of quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques
- Strong project management experience
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Knowledge and familiarity with Tableau
- Experience with R or Python to perform statistical analysis
- Experience with tickets.com ProVenue, or other ticketing system is a plus
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional nights or weekends
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!