Apprentice, Performance Center - Texas Rangers (Surprise · AZ)
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The Texas Rangers are seeking apprentice(s) to join our Performance Center team and gain knowledge and experience working in an elite baseball Sport Science environment. The ideal candidates(s) have a passion for winning through improving Player Development and Performance, while enhancing player well-being through Sport Science. This apprenticeship is based in Surprise, AZ during the 2022 season (Jan – Oct).
As a Performance Center Apprentice, you may be expected to:
• Assist in day-to-day operations as it pertains to equipment functionality, data collection, processing, and analysis.
• Aid in the preparation and operation of a variety of sport science equipment.
• Assist in data management, organization, and integration into the organization’s database management system.
• Support Sport Science staff with responsibilities related to athlete evaluation, training, and performance.
• Assist in design, development, and implementation of research protocols using various applied research technologies to assess and develop elite-level baseball talent.
• Maintain knowledge of current scientific literature with a commitment toward evidence-based protocols to ensure we are adapting properly to new scientific developments.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Passionate for Sport Science, possess an eagerness to learn new skills, strong work ethic, and attention to detail.
• A strong foundation in sport science including, but not limited to Biomechanics, Sports Medicine, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology or similar field.
• Proficiency in statistical programming for signal processing, data analysis, and modeling (R, Python, etc.) is preferred.
• Proficiency utilizing biomechanical equipment (Motion Capture, Force Plates, EMG, High Speed Video, IMUs).
• Trustworthy and expected to maintain the confidentiality of work materials and processes.
• Must be available full-time and willing to work long hours, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Willing and able to relocate to the Surprise, AZ area for the duration of the apprenticeship.
•Applicants should be able to begin work Wednesday, January 12th, and be available through October 31st.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!