50/50 Raffle Seller - Texas Rangers (Arlington · TX)
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business
Minimum Age: 18
Pay Rate: $9.00
Hours: 5 – 7 hour shifts
The Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation, the charitable arm of the Texas Rangers Baseball Club, is seeking a dependable, enthusiastic, highly motivated, and hard–working individual to sell 50/50 Raffle tickets during the upcoming season. Each home game, one lucky fan will win half of the net proceeds, with the remaining proceeds benefiting the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation and their mission to improving the lives of children in need in our community.
- Facilitate raffle ticket sales via electronic handheld device and/or tablet.
- Actively engage fans to participate in the Raffle at mobile and/or stationary locations throughout the ballpark.
- Educate fans about the rules and process of the 50/50 Raffle program.
- Accurately handle cash transactions and distribution of Raffle tickets.
- Responsibly deposit cash at the end of each shift.
- Educate fans about the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation, the non-profit beneficiary of the 50/50 Raffle program, including but not limited to its mission and programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- GED/ High School Diploma required.
- Prior customer service or sales experience is a plus.
- Must have excellent cash handling skills.
- Must be a responsible, motivated individual with a competitive spirit.
- Ability to interact positively with a large fan base and actively engage all guests.
- Must be comfortable with technology (i.e. handheld electronic devices).
- Must be able to work irregular hours including but not limited to days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to work a minimum of seven (7) Rangers home games each month during the season (March - October).
- Basic understanding of the etiquette and timing of baseball is a plus.
- Must be comfortable standing, walking up ramps and stairs, stooping, kneeling, and crouching for up to 5-7 hours.
- Must be able lift and/or move up to 15 lbs.
- Must be able to pass a drug test, background check and credit check.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!