The Tennessee Smokies, the Double-A Affiliate of the Chicago Cubs are currently searching for an enthusiastic motivated individual to join our organization as Stadium Operations Trainee. As the Stadium Operations Trainee you work directly with the Assistant General Manager of Stadium Operations on all maintenance and overall cleanliness of Smokies Stadium. Start date for position is February 5th, 2024 and runs through September 27th, 2024.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with all stadium and office maintenance
- Assist with checking the cleanliness of seating bowl, concourse, restrooms, perimeter, group and hospitality areas, suite level etc.
- Assist and oversee daily cleaning of the stadium concourse and high traffic areas
- Assist in the preparation of the stadium for each event held at Smokies Stadium
- Support with janitorial employees, stadium inventories, stadium cleanup, clubhouse operations and non-game day events
- Help with receiving shipments and organizing all storage areas
- Assist with supervising third-party contractors around the stadium
- Help with hiring and managing of game day employees
- Assist sales teams with putting up sponsorship banners, signs and TV’s
- Administer superior customer service for all Tennessee Smokies fans
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and a passion to be successful in the sports industry
- Work includes long hours with night and weekend work in-season
- Report directly to the Assistant General Manager of Stadium Operations
- A qualified candidate should have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or currently working towards one
- Be able to work extend hours for all Tennessee Smokies home games and any outside event held at Smokies Stadium
- Must be able to work in a team environment and at the same time be able to complete tasks individually
- Honesty and strong attention to detail, strong attention to stadium cleanliness
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a stressful and fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Must be creative, detail oriented and be highly motivated and have a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.