Status: Full Time, Seasonal
The Tennessee Smokies have an opening for a Merchandise Intern in the Merchandise Department. This position will report directly to the Outside Events and Merchandise Manager.
Duties are listed below but will not be limited to the following:
- Assist with the selection of popular pieces and items to be sold in the GoTeez Locker Room.
- Contribute with efforts to actively sell Tennessee Smokies Merchandise, both in-store and online.
- Assist and support Outside Events and Merchandise Manager in day-to-day tasks.
- Perform merchandise duties, such as adding new items to online store, checking online orders, shipping orders and updating stock regularly.
- Help to maintain and manage merchandise databases, timelines and files.
- Assist with developing and implementing marketing plans to sell merchandise.
- Manage multiple social media accounts.
- Work all gamedays and select outside events at Smokies Stadium.
- Lead and manage a select set of Tennessee Smokies baseball games and outside events at Smokies Stadium.
- Other duties as needed.
Position pays a stipend per month. Some extended work hours and weekend hours are necessary.
Minimum of a college degree or currently working on a college degree.
Comfortable with making phone calls to clients / customers.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Strong computer skills with knowledge of social media and email marketing.
Must possess an eagerness to learn with an exceptional work ethic.
Self-starter with a positive attitude and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
Experience with Photoshop or website design is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.