The Tennessee Smokies, Southern League Double-A Affiliate of the Chicago Cubs, are currently searching for the most talented, enthusiastic, outside the box thinker, motivated video board operator in the country. We are looking for someone to not only oversee video production, but also be a major contributor with our in-game entertainment preparation, execution and who wants to lead the fun!
- As the Director of Video Production, you will be responsible for all aspects of game day video production for the Tennessee Smokies, including creative development, planning for and executing game days and all scheduling of control room and camera staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for creating videos and videoboard graphics in a timely manner that are used across all platforms. This will include social media, videoboard, 3D graphics, team website, team publications etc.
- Must accomplish tasks within the highest quality standards and complete work within deadlines, with high attention to detail.
- Coordinate production video shoots with Smokies players and staff.
- Support outside event efforts (concerts, tournaments, car shows, special events, etc.) with staffing, design and execution.
- Archive, log, and maintain game footage for future use.
- Create and produce highlight videos, game-recap and commercials to air in-house and on television.
- Oversee and manage stadium video and audio systems.
- Create and coordinate graphics and animations for the website as well as special video projects related to sponsors and game day promotions.
- Assist with creating a top entertainment experience and exciting atmosphere for fans on game days.
- Directly oversee and manage control room employees, camera operators and production interns.
- Manage the day to day production operations.
- Assist with game day scripts.
- Assists with Proof of Performances from our Corporate Sales Department and Ticket Sales Department.
- Report directly to the General Manager.
- 3D and motion graphics experience preferred.
- Knowledge of video equipment and editing systems and proficiency in Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, MS Word, Excel, Google Docs, Publisher, Final Cut Pro and other design programs a plus. Also knowledge of TSE GameTime PRO or other script writing software.
- Must have superior organizational habits and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Photography and video shooting and editing skills are desired.
- Must be energetic, outgoing, creative, and passionate about what you do.
- Must have great leadership skills and ability to lead others.
- Ability to lead by example.
- A successful candidate should showcase excellent communication skills with the ability to have effective and frequent dialogue other staff members
- Ability to speak in front of a group
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Must be creative, detail oriented and be highly motivated and have a strong work ethic.
- The ability to work as a team and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.