The Birmingham Barons, the Double-A Affiliate of the Chicago White Sox, are searching for an intern to join the grounds staff for the 2022 season. As an grounds intern, you will work directly with the head groundskeeper on all field maintenance and game preparation.
General Responsibilities, but not limited to the following:
- Maintenance of all skinned areas, bullpens, warning track, both common and field grass
- Assist with granular and foliar nutrient applications, as well as pesticides
- Prepare field for batting practice, tear down and pre/post game duties
- Assist with cultural practices to field such as: aerification, verti-cutting, and top dressing
- Help with Stadium Operations duties as needed, also maintenance of all equipment around the stadium
- Candidate must be hard working, self-motivated, and able to work in a variety of weather extremes
- Preferred to have or be working towards a 2/4 Turf Degree
- Able to hustle around the stadium, lift 50lbs repetitively, and stand for long periods of time
- Must keep a professional appearance and act accordingly around professional athletes
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.