Job Title: Camera Operator
Reports To: Marketing & Promotion Manager
Employee Type: Seasonal
Status Type: Part-Time
Compensation: Hourly rate
Rate Range: Varies
It is our goal to make our guests’ experience at Regions Field as pleasant and enjoyable as possible. To achieve this, our employees need to be professional, courteous, pleasant, reliable, dependable and well-groomed. Our employees should be willing to go above and beyond to help make our guests feel welcome and always have a smile on their face.
We are looking for enthusiastic Camera Operators to provide excellent game entertainment to our patrons. An ideal candidate constantly strives to improve the fan experience and insert creativity and excellence into the presentation for fans. * Must have a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays*
- Excellent customer service while maintaining the highest standards of quality and cleanliness
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail and ability to work in a high paced environment
- Electronic and camera proficiency
- Ability to maintain a neat, clean & professional appearance
- Capturing game play and assisting with fan engagement elements
- He/she will follow the game action to the point of the director’s instructions.
- Produce simultaneous entertaining shows for the fans in the park, as well as the suites & party areas
- Ability to multi-task and adapt
- Operate still or roving camera for videoboard production
- Maintain and cultivate an environment of creativity and positivity
- Audio/visual technical experience
- Baseball knowledge encouraged
- General knowledge of a production camera, previous experience in sports production, and general knowledge of baseball a plus.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Must be able to take direction and have excellent communication with director and production team
General Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift 25lbs up to 50lbs
- Ability to stand for up to 5+ hours during a game
- Ability to work long hours, weekends & holidays
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions, including but not limited to rain and heat
- Ability to maintaining the highest standards of food safety, food quality and cleanliness
The Birmingham Barons are the proud Double-A affiliate of the Chicago White Sox. For ticket information, game schedule, promotions calendar or for additional information about Regions Field, visit barons.com or call (205) 988-3200. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.