Job Title: Bat Person
Reports To: Director of Stadium Operations
Department: Stadium Operations
Employee Type: Seasonal
Status Type: Part-Time
Rate Range: $7.25/hour
It is our goal to make our guests’ experience at Regions Field as pleasant and enjoyable as possible. To achieve this, our employees need to be professional, courteous, pleasant, reliable, dependable and well groomed. Our employees should be willing to go above and beyond to help make our guests feel welcome and always have a smile on their face.
We are looking for enthusiastic bat kids to exhibit reliable retrieval of balls, bats and other equipment as needed. A bat kid’s main responsibility, during the game, is to retrieve bats and distribute balls to the umpires without interference to the game. Immediately after the game, duties include collecting all balls from the umpires and dugout area, remove all equipment from dugouts and return to clubhouse. Bat kids are not allowed to keep any game equipment or company property, such as broken bats or balls or give equipment to fans or friends. The ideal candidate will be able to respond to action on the field with agility, immediacy and consistency.
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work in a high paced environment
- Electronic and computer proficiency
- Ability to maintain a neat, clean & professional appearance
- Follow safety protocols; including proper uniform and protective head gear at all times
- Assist with the movement of equipment and materials for each team to the dugout, such as balls, bats, batting helmets, water, cups, towels and other equipment
- Must be at least 16 years old
General Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift 25lbs up to 50lbs
- Ability to stand or sit for up to 5+ hours during a game
- Ability to work long hours, weekends & holidays
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions, including but not limited to rain and heat
The Birmingham Barons are the proud Double-A affiliate of the Chicago White Sox. For ticket information, game schedule, promotions calendar or for additional information about Regions Field, visit barons.com or call (205) 988-3200. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.