Game Entertainment/Production Coordinator & Group Sales Rep.
The West Virginia Power, South Atlantic League, Single-A Affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates, are currently searching for an enthusiastic individual to join our staff at Appalachian Power Park as the Game Entertainment & Production Coordinator. This is a full-time position with benefits. The Game Entertainment & Production Coordinator is responsible for creating, shooting, and editing video content for use within Appalachian Power Park, wvpower.com, and Power social media platforms. This position is also responsible for all the graphics that are used on the video board, including head shots.
Prior to the 2017, the ownership of the West Virginia Power invested $750,000 in a new LSI video-board and all new production equipment. This new equipment provides the right candidate with the opportunity to run their own department with the latest technology and to hone their skills in order to both produce a fantastic show for our fans but to help them get to the next level, wherever that may be.
This investment by the owners shows how important they feel a top-notch operation is to the community and reflects our organization's commitment to being the area's premier entertainment venue.
- Must be a self-starter and a team player
- Previous experience using Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop
- Previous experience operating a video camera
- Previous experience in live event production and presentation
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and HTML a plus.
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Working knowledge of the game of baseball
- Shoot, edit and record features, commercials, and sponsor-driven content for use at Appalachian Power Park, wvpower.com, and Power social media platforms
- Create and execute game scripts and rundowns in conjunction with Client Services
- Capture and organize game footage; maintain video footage library
- Assist in creating and maintaining proper stadium atmosphere
- Assist in the creation and implementation of sponsorship elements
- Oversee production personnel – includes hiring, training, and scheduling
- Knowledge of file formats, file delivery, computer software and hardware needed
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines as required
- Other duties as assigned
A qualified candidate must have a bachelor’s degree and at least one year of successful experience with a sports team or comparable entity. A successful candidate should showcase excellent communication skills with the ability to have effective and frequent interactions with prospects, clients and account managers.
The desired candidate should also have a strong work ethic and be highly self-motivated to achieve sales goals. The ability to work extensive hours, evenings, weekends and holidays in an outdoor environment is required.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience keeping in mind that we are a small market team. The West Virginia Power offer health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance as well as short term and long term disability. Employee is responsible for 10% of health insurance cost and the remainder is covered by the Power. We also offer a 401k match for qualifying, full-time employees. Generous off-season vacation time is provided as well.
No phone calls please. All applications must be through this website.