This position is a great way for a young sports executive with a desire to grow as a sales-person to gain hands-on, valuable experience in an active role with a professional baseball team's sales department.
Job Summary - Essential Functions
The Inside Sales Assistant will receive top-notch sales training to prepare them for work in the program. The assistant is responsible for generating leads and maximizing revenue through the sale of Lakewood BlueClaws tickets. This includes Membership Plans, Season Tickets, Group Outings, and Single-Game Tickets which will be sold primarily through outbound calls. The result of this program is to prepare every assistant to become a full-time executive in the professional sports industry. This is an excellent opportunity to take the first step in a career in sports. College Graduates only.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Use cold-calling techniques to make 90+ calls on a daily basis
· Prospecting local and regional businesses and households to build call lists and target databases through CRM system
· Full participation in extensive outbound call campaigns
· Follow-up plan to ensure reaching all target purchasers
· Set up appointments outside the office to sell BlueClaws tickets
· Work select BlueClaws games as required
· Assist in creating and selling new Theme Nights
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
· Six months of sales experiences (customer service experiences is a plus)
· Passion for sales
· High comfort level making cold calls
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and CRM systems
· Highly motivated person with strong aspiration to learn and succeed
· Experience in a sports-related field preferred
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university or college, or equivalent knowledge, experience and professional training.
· This position pays $8.85 per hour.
· Housing is not provided. If you will not be living in the area from January through September of 2019, please do not apply for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.