6400 Hobbs Road
Salisbury, MD 21804
7th Inning Stretch, headed by C.E.O. Tom Volpe and President Pat Filippone, is recognized as one of the leading sports ownership firms in the country. Currently, 7th Inning Stretch owns and operates the Stockton Ports, Single-A Affiliate of the Oakland A’s, in the California League, the Delmarva Shorebirds, Single-A Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles in the South Atlantic League and the Everett AquaSox, Single-A Short Season Affiliate of the Seattle Mariners in the Northwest League. The Delmarva Shorebirds play at Arthur W. Perdue Stadium located on the Delmarva Peninsula with a market that spans the states of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. 7th Inning stretch prides itself on building a stronger community, furthering the careers of its employees and creating a superior product both on and off the field.
Reports Directly To: General Manager
Responsible for maintaining all accounting, record keeping and administrative functions of the Delmarva Shorebirds. Individual must be well organized, energetic, enthusiastic, and show attention to detail.
Financial Operations: Will handle all accounting tasks of the operation. This will include general ledger maintenance, account reconciliation, financial statement preparation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash, local tax returns, reimbursements with MLB affiliate, and all payroll functions. Maintain valid insurance policies and coverage.
Miscellaneous Administrative Duties: Human Resources and employee files, and banking operations.
Experience in accounting and payroll for a small business utilizing Quickbooks. Individual must be familiar with personal computers operating in the Windows environment. Individual must have strong planning and organizational skills. Individual must be energetic, enthusiastic and demonstrate an initiative in completing all tasks at hand in a timely manner. Individual must be able to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and achieve objectives.
Candidate must have the ability to handle stress in a fast paced environment.
Salary is based on experience and capabilities. Health insurance is available the first day of the first month after 30 days of continuous service. 401K option is available.
Breakdown of Specific Job Duties
- Monitor the activity and reconcile company bank accounts
- Responsible for transfers amongst the accounts
- Audit all service fees pertaining to bank accounts
- Record all major entries into the financial system
- Produce accurate financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of the budget
- Review financial statements with General Manager.
- Oversee Accounts Payable
- Oversee Accounts Receivable
- Prepare payroll
- Verify and record deposits for all areas of the business
- Prepare and reconcile daily cash report
- Compute and electronically pay monthly sales tax and admissions tax.
- Prepare annual county assessors business property statement
- Handle reimbursement forms with the Baltimore Orioles
- Coordinate and put together meal money packets for each road trip
- Reconcile and review Glitnir daily reports.
- Work with General Manager on annual statement submitted to the NA
- Enter and develop month end journal entries
- Record commissions and expenses developed via Spectra Food Services
- Reconcile monthly Spectra check
- Developed projected expenses worksheet
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.