Position in the corporate structure:
The Assistant Clubhouse Manager will report directly to the Clubhouse Manager and the Fredericksburg Nationals.
The Assistant Clubhouse Manager will perform all duties pertaining to the visitor’s and umpire’s clubhouses. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Help coordinate batting practice and game duties, which includes but is not limited to: getting game balls to the umpire room, getting game bats ready, getting batting practice and game uniforms ready and hanging in each locker.
- Oversee cleaning crew and upkeep of all clubhouses. Including vacuuming, cleaning of bathrooms and showers, picking up and organizing equipment, taking out trash, replenishing all bathroom and shower essentials, organizing and cleaning trainer’s room, organizing and cleaning manager’s office, organizing and cleaning the workout room.
- Doing all of the visiting team laundry during and after all home games, stay-over and commuter road trips, which includes but is not limited to: towels, uniforms and uniform accessories.
- Presenting an accurate and up-to-date inventory of all equipment when requested.
- Coordinate meals with visiting players and staff before and after all home games. This includes but is not limited to:
- Ensuring snack items are available in the clubhouse before every home game.
- Ensure that a team meal is arranged to be catered to the visiting clubhouse after every home game or a meal is available in the clubhouse after every home game.
- Preparing and organizing food items for the Umpire’s and ensuring that a meal is available to them after the game, per MiLB guidelines.
- The Assistant Clubhouse Attendant will assist the home clubhouse manager in preparing the team for all road trips, which includes ensuring all equipment is accounted for and ready.
- Work as a member of a team, remembering that you are a member of the front office.
- Maintain a clean and healthy environment in the clubhouse at all times.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.