Sous Chef with Lexington Legends in Lexington · KY
Lexington Legends jobs
Sports Jobs in Lexington · KY
Food and Beverage: Food/Beverage Management
The Sous Chef is responsible for planning and directing food preparation in the kitchen. This will involve a large degree of supervising other kitchen staff. As assistant to the Director, the Sous Chef will help with menu planning, inventory, and managing of supplies. Responsible for ensuring that kitchen staff follows federal, state, local, and company health, safety, sanitation standards.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist Director in managing/operate a day-to-day operation of the kitchen, coordinate food production schedules and ensure highest level of food quality.
- Control food cost by assisting in training kitchen staff on the proper methods of food preparation and handling, by training kitchen employees on food portion control.
- Ensures first-in, first-out food rotation system to ensure product freshness.
- Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients.
- Keeps daily records of waste, while working through ways to effectively minimize future waste.
- Works with kitchen staff to ensure quality & efficiency.
- Produce quality food during a fast paced/high volume business.
- Hires and trains all kitchen employees to all ensure food standards are met.
- Manage labor budget with effectively scheduling of the kitchen staff.
- Ensure that all kitchen staff consistently adhere to uniform, grooming, and appearance standards.
- Maintain effective communication with dining & catering staff.
- Ensure that entire kitchen is always kept organized and clean.
- Work with Director on developing new menu products for events and promotions
- Candidate must have 2 years minimum culinary experience
- Previous experience managing and training staff required.
- Must have food handlers/managers certifications
- Have ability to take initiative and handle situations
- Superior communication skills a must.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to lead others to achieve while teaching them the why’s and how’s.
- Experience developing junior level team players a must.
- Exceptional customer service skills required.
Physical Demands & Working Environment:
- Required to work long hours standing and walking around during season and events.
- Sitting, standing, walking, reaching with arms and hands, climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, or crouching are all part of this position.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?