Vice President - Ticket Sales & Customer Engagement with Greenville Drive in Greenville, SC
Greenville Drive jobs
Sports Jobs in Greenville, SC
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
Greenville Drive Organization Overview
The Greenville Drive relocated to Greenville, SC in 2005 and enjoyed its first season in Greenville’s award-winning stadium in downtown Greenville in 2006. The team is the Class-A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox and members of Minor League Baseball’s South Atlantic League. The Drive’s Red Sox affiliation has been in place since 2005 and the Drive enjoy a very close baseball and business partnership with the Red Sox, one of the most famous and iconic brands in all of sports. The Drive own and play at Fluor Field in Downtown Greenville – a mini replica of iconic Fenway Park – complete with its own “Green Monster” and manual scoreboard in left field. Though the Drive own Fluor Field, the ballpark is managed as if it is owned by the Upstate community.
In its inaugural season in 2006, the Drive’s ballpark received Ballpark of the Year recognition, beating out all other newly constructed stadiums across minor and major league baseball. In 2008, the Drive’s stadium was officially named “Fluor Field” following a long-term naming rights agreement with Fluor Corporation – a global leader in engineering & construction. Each year Fluor Field hosts 70 Greenville Drive baseball games, 30-35 amateur baseball games and approximately 150+ high-profile corporate, community & civic events including events with the United Way, March of Dimes, Artisphere, Euphoria and other noteworthy regional organizations. The Drive’s contributions to Minor League Baseball and, more specifically, the Greenville Upstate community was recognized by being awarded the John H. Johnson Award in November, 2017. This award is considered the highest organizational achievement in Minor League Baseball and is given on an annual basis to 1 out of 160 MILB teams across the nation. The award recognizes an organizations commitment to community, operational excellence and overall franchise stability.
For over 14 years, the Greenville Drive has created a highly visible and widely embraced community engagement platform, reaching over 1 million ballpark guests and digital followers across the Upstate of South Carolina each year. This broad-reaching platform provides the Drive the opportunity to position itself as a community entity that businesses and community organizations alike can utilize to achieve critical tangible & intangible objectives. Working closely with the leading corporations, associations and community-based organizations that shape the quality of life in the Upstate, the Drive has formed strategic partnerships that positively impact a variety of critical initiatives. From Education to Entrepreneurism, from Youth Leadership to Healthy Living, and from Regionalism to Workforce Development, the Drive has creatively and continuously leveraged the community engagement platform that is Fluor Field to positively impact these and other key quality of life drivers.
Position Summary & Overview: Vice President, Ticket Sales & Customer Engagement
The Greenville Drive ticketing function is one of the most critical aspects of the Drive’s business, growing in importance each and every season as technology becomes more fully integrated with sports ticketing. The Greenville Drive is positioned for success with a strong history of brand success and a willingness to invest in the tools needed for success. As the Vice President of the Drive’s ticketing function, the qualified individual will be responsible for managing, executing, and optimizing all aspects of the Drive’s ticketing function, including the development of relationships with all ticket holders. This responsibility extends to, but is not limited to, Drive Ticket Plan Holders, Fluor Field Premium Hospitality sales, Group Tickets and Picnics, and Single Game Tickets. Furthermore, the qualified individual will be a member of the Drive’s senior management team and responsible for the direct oversight, management, and development of the Drive’s sales staff.
The following categories & descriptions outline the responsibilities & expectations of the Drive’s VP of Ticket Sales as a part of the organization’s senior management team:
Strategic Oversight, Leadership, & Planning: All Key Ticketing Functions
Strategic Oversight, Leadership, & Planning: All Key Ticketing Functions
- Develop, oversee, and manage a year-round planning calendar designed to engage all aspects of Greenville Drive ticketing. This includes Drive Ticket Plans, Group Tickets, Premium Areas & Hospitality, and Single Game Tickets
- The annual planning calendar shall include specific and internally aligned goals & tactics – all organized by major sales category. The qualified individual will lead a weekly sales leadership meeting where developed plans will be shared, including metrics and milestones that demonstrate how the organization is tracking toward its goals.
- Oversee & lead the specific plans that are designed to achieve objectives while tracking key activities for each ticketing category:
- Drive Ticket Plans: Ongoing relationship management, Ticket plan utilization, Ticket Plan Renewals, New Ticket Plan Leads and sales
- Group Tickets: work with the Drive Sponsorship function to delineate and define relationship responsibilities related to Greenville Drive major opportunities. Group plans shall include all tactical and emerging targets, group list organization & execution by key category (e.g., large, medium and small businesses, Little Leagues, Churches, Booster Packages, etc.)
- Premium Hospitality offerings: sales plan designed to acknowledge the flow of the season and ensure all available premium offerings are sold and utilized.
- Single Game Tickets: work closely with the Drive’s marketing team to develop & execute season-long plans and tools designed to drive single game ticket sales
New Product Development: Drive Sales Offerings
- Working alongside the Drive’s GM & VP-Marketing, the VP of Ticket Sales is responsible for ensuring all Drive ticket & premium hospitality offerings are updated, fresh, and impactful each season at Fluor Field. The VP of Ticket Sales will lead the organization in terms of the sales products we take to market (e.g., Drive ticket plans, group outing, etc.) – using creativity, while maximizing relevance and impact of each product. Specific examples include, but are not limited to:
- Drive Ticket Plans: ticket plan holder amenities, ticket plan holder gifts
- Group Outings: new group outing products, fresh entertainment options, fresh food and/or merchandise add-ons, etc.
- West End Events: integration of West End Events into Drive group products, as applicable.
Sales Reporting & Financial Performance
- As part of the year-round Sales Planning Calendar mentioned above, the VP of Ticket Sales will work with the Drive’s General Manager and Vice President of Finance to construct and manage a sales tracking dashboard and road map that tracks and manages all key metrics related to Drive ticket sales activities.
- The goal of the tracking road map will be to provide internal tools that yield actionable data showing the performance of the sales department and available inventory while providing Drive senior leadership with visibility into performance & results for decision making support.
- The VP of Ticket Sales will manage all tracking documents, including alignment with Drive senior management. Specific examples will vary with the time of year and shall include: daily/monthly sales reports, call logs, hospitality heat maps, meeting reports, etc.
Staff Leadership & Talent Management
- The VP of Ticket Sales will be the leader of the Drive’s sales department. Leadership shall include the professional and personal development of the sales staff. Staff development would include the direct oversight of all sales associates who in many cases become a talent pipeline for other positions within the organization.
- Key sales associates oversite and metrics would include-
- Monitoring, managing and evaluating sales associates performance on an ongoing basis
- Establish, clearly communicate and assist each sales associate with sales revenue and training goals, including timely feedback and follow up to assist in personal development and professional skills.
- Ensure team orientation and shared customer oriented resource management across all Drive departments (e.g., Finance/Accounting, Marketing/Sponsorships, Game Entertainment, etc.)
- 4-year college degree from an accredited college or university
- 5 or more years of experience in ticket sales, the use of ticketing systems for customer engagement and managing multiple direct reports
- Must be comfortable with technology and its use to support organizational decision making and ticket holder engagement
- Be a team-leader with the ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners
- Must be flexible and able to adjust within a fast-paced work environment with shifting deadlines and schedules.
- Must also be a multi-tasker with a strong work-ethic
- Be a creative thinker and a problem solver – someone who can bring innovative ideas to grow the brand and the business and be capable of executing those ideas
- Strong conceptual planning, creative vision and innovation skills
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ticketing systems
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with people at all levels within the organization and community
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and nights during Greenville Drive home games, amateur baseball games and other events hosted at Fluor Field
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?